Chapter 3 - Turn a new leaf!

The Author has something to say: Sorry!! I haven't updated in a long while, Been busy this couple weeks so I'm releasing extra Chapters and not the usual one chapter only to pacify your hearts!!!
I'm a kind author,right??? 👍😄😄😄

**************************
THE NEXT DAY

***************
Lu Xichen woke up to the aroma of an enticing food, his favorite!!
He walked out of his room and saw his mom cooking in the kitchen.

Seems like she heard his door open since she turned back and smiled at him “Baby Chen you're awake! Quickly wash up first and come and eat! I cooked your favorite, Chicken soup and rice!!

He smiled as he said “ Mom you didn't have to wake up Soo early just because of me, we talked about this yesterday! I should be the one taking care of you."

“But you're still my baby so of course I'll take care of you besides you're injured now so I have to take responsibility as your mother!!" She said still smiling as she quickly shooed him away to go and take his bath.

_Mom is still the same as before, always treating me like a baby_

Few minutes later...

Lu Xichen walked out in an ash baggy hoodie and black jogger pants as he helped his mom quickly arrange the plates on the dinning table for them to start eating. “You aren't going to school today?" His Mom asked. “No, I still have to recover first and besides this is not my first time skipping school" he said nonchalantly.

“But still..." “ Don't worry! I won't be skipping school again like I usually do, I've decided to turned a new leaf and focus on my studies but for this week I'm not going to school, I'll stay home and help you" he said as he held his mom's hands in his.

Lu Wanqiu looked at her son that had grown before her eyes, he was no longer the brat who caused trouble everywhere and made her cry all night, he had finally matured and had grown through those stages in life by himself. Sometimes she felt she had failed as a mother but still.. I should still try to help my son in whatever way I can.

With determination in her eyes she said “Lu Xichen?" He looked up immediately,

_ Mom never called me by my name except for when it was a serious matter!_

“ What's wrong mom?" He asked. “ I've thought about it really well and I've decided to divorce your father!" She dropped the bomb. She expected him to yell at her or stand up but he just smiled as he held her hand affectionately “If you've really thought about it then I follow whatever choice you make because I know staying with that Man will do us no good... He might yell and try to hit you but I'll be here to stop him and if he still refuses, we can take him to court"He said slowly which shocked Lu Wanqiu.

She stared at her son and her eyes turned red as tears brimmed her eyes “ Baby Chen is finally grown up! Guess I don't have to worry too much again!" She said as she chuckled.

He helped his mother wipe her tears and chuckled too. When she finally stopped, she looked at the time and...
_OMG! I'm late_
“Baby Chen I'm sorry I won't be able to stay home with you today! I'm late and people must be looking for me already since I cook" She said sympathetically as she gazed at him.

“Don't worry about me now! Your customers are waiting! Quickly hurry and go!" Lu Xichen said as he stood up, picked her bag and started walking to the door to escort her downstairs. “Mm..ok"Lu Wanqiu stood up and followed her son.

They got downstairs and she immediately pursued back inside to go and rest but he said he would go inside only after she left as she just smiled, hailed a taxi and waved him goodbye!

He stood there for some second before he remembered he had to take out the trash and hurriedly ran back upstairs.