Chapter 13: Year Four (II)

Summary:

Holly is tactless as ever, Sirius is protective, a certain bird makes an appearance, and Holly has a Brilliant Idea.

Holly stood up and slowly started walking between the silent tables, her mind racing.

'Why would someone enter me into the tournament? Did they do it as a prank or is someone actually trying to kill me? Could it be Adult Tom? Or Karakoff? Did they not have any way to check if someone entered someone else's name? Fucking wizards with no security precautions. At least Hermione and Sirius will-'

'Sirius! He'd probably want to know about this right? Aren't guardians supposed to care about this sorta thing?'

She abruptly stopped walking in the middle of the great hall and flicked her wrist, dropping her wand into her hand. A second later her raven patronus was hovering in front of her.

"Hey Sirius, someone entered me into the tournament and my name came out. I, uh, thought you might want to know." With that she sent her patronus message off to Sirius who would get her message minutes later and promptly lose his shit.

Message sent, she walked into the side room, oblivious to the shocked silence behind her.

Immediately everyone in the room turned towards her. Before they could say anything she spoke up, "somebody entered my name and it came out. I'm not happy about it either."

With that said she walked over to the nearest wall and conjured herself a comfortable seat. She had a feeling this was going to be a long, annoying conversation.

By the time she sat down the others had gotten over their shock and were shouting incoherently.

Their protests were interrupted when the doors slammed open, Dumbledore in the lead.

All eyes turned to Dumbledore as he approached her. She didn't feel any legitimacy probes yet which was a nice surprise . Still, she made sure to keep her eyes lowered to his beard as he got uncomfortably close to her.

"Holly," he asked calmly, "did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?"

"No. Why would I? The tournament is stupid, I'm already rich, and I hate attention." There was a moment of silence before the majority of the people in the room started making offended noises.

Dumbledore turned back to the rest of the room. "It would seem somebody else entered her name." When the other headmasters started complaining he silenced them with a raised hand, "Holly has consistently shunned attention since her arrival to Hogwarts. As she rather bluntly said, entering herself in the Tournament is not in her character."

While the other headmasters started argued, she noticed the veela girl, Fleur Delacour, glaring at her.

When they made eye contact Holly (using her shapeshifting to hide a blush) spoke up in French, "I thought you of all people would understand how awful constant attention can be." For a second Fleur looked stunned before quickly turning away.

From there professor Moody started throwing around accusations (she didn't trust Karakoff in the slightest either. Turncoat Death Eater or not, she'd at least rob him blind one day.) and the room descended to infighting.

Holly was morbidly amused nobody besides professor Moody had made any mention of her safety. As far as they knew she was a normal 14-year-old who was woefully unprepared to compete.

Apparently her life wasn't as important as school pride.

Granted, she was probably more magically knowledgeable then any of the other champions by a wide margin, but they didn't know that. Of course, the age difference still put her at a massive disadvantage.