05.

.
.
.
As I turned the corner, the imposing structure of the Louvre Museum loomed before me, its grandeur juxtaposed against the bustling crowds of tourists milling around the entrance.

With closing time looming, I knew I had only about three minutes to navigate through the throngs of people and slip past the vigilant guards stationed at the entrance. Suddenly, a beep in my earpiece interrupted my thoughts.

"What's the radar?" Hyein's voice sounded urgent.

"It's busy," I responded tersely, scanning the area for any potential openings.After a moment of silence, Hyein's voice came again, decisive. "Circle around to the back. I see an opening."

My brows knit together in confusion. "The back? But I'm already at the entrance!" I exclaimed, knowing that detouring to the rear of the museum would cost me precious time.

" i know. I can see you," Hyein replied calmly, her voice betraying no hint of doubt.

I glanced around anxiously, searching for any sign of assistance. "Look up," Hyein instructed, and as I did, I spotted a drone hovering overhead. A wry scoff escaped my lips as I realized the unorthodox nature of our plan.

"Just follow me. You've got 30 seconds," Hyein's voice echoed in my ear, and without hesitation, I broke into a sprint, determined to keep pace with the drone's guidance.

As I sprinted through the crowded square towards the back of the Louvre, the scene was a blur of motion and chaos. Tourists scattered in all directions as I barreled through the crowd, weaving between bodies and dodging obstacles in my path.

"Sorry, excuse me!" I called out, shouldering past a group of bewildered sightseers, their startled expressions fleeting as they disappeared into the throng.

A street performer's cart blocked my path, and I leaped over it with a grunt, narrowly avoiding a collision. "Watch out!" the performer exclaimed in alarm, but I was already sprinting past, my focus locked on the drone hovering ahead.

A street vendor's stall loomed suddenly in my path, and I skidded to a halt, narrowly avoiding a pile of souvenirs. "Hey, watch where you're going!" the vendor shouted indignantly, but I had no time to apologize as I darted around the obstruction and continued my mad dash.

With each step, my heart pounded in my chest, adrenaline fueling my movements as I raced against the clock. The drone buzzed overhead, guiding me through the labyrinth of obstacles and towards my target.

I reached the back of the Louvre, panting heavily as I rested my hands on my thighs. "Nice. Didn't expect you'd keep up," Hyein remarked through the earpiece, her voice echoing from the drone hovering above. I shot a glare at the tiny aircraft. "

"Yeah, well, I'm on legs, not soaring through the sky," I retorted, feeling a twinge of annoyance.

Hyein circled around me, her digital presence palpable. "There're the guards," she said matter-of-factly. "How do I get past them?" I inquired, feeling a surge of apprehension."I thought you had a plan, genius," Hyein teased, her tone playful. I pouted in response. "I'm kidding. They're about to go on break," she clarified, her voice tinged with amusement.

As if on cue, one of the guards checked his phone and fished a cigarette from his vest, while the other waved and strolled off. "One's gone to a bar for a drink, the other is having a cigarette," I reported back to Hyein, feeling a sense of relief wash over me.

"Good. I'll leave the rest to you. Sneak past the guards, get inside, you know the rest," Hyein instructed, her voice adopting its usual gamer tone. I nodded in acknowledgment. "Thanks, even though you've been a right pain in the ass," I muttered to myself, earning a chuckle from Hyein. "You're so welcome," she replied cheekily and zoomed away, as I unhooked the earpiece and took a deep breath, ready to embrace Kodiak.