10.

.
.
.

Standing in the dimly lit room, I could feel the weight of my decision pressing down on me. Unplugging the camera was a bold move, one that could either lead to my victory or seal my fate. But I couldn't afford to hesitate now. I was committed to seeing this through, no matter the cost.

As the camera went dark, a surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins. I knew I was taking a risk, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had Kate right where I wanted her. I had planned for every contingency, and now it was time to put my strategy into action.

Glancing around the room, I braced myself for what was to come. Every decision from this point forward would be crucial, determining the outcome of this high-stakes showdown. But I was prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead. I may have walked into Kate's trap, but I was far from defeated.

With a steely resolve, I steeled myself for the battle ahead. Whatever obstacles awaited me, I was ready to confront them head-on. It was time to show Kate that she had underestimated me, and that I was more than capable of holding my own in this deadly game of cat and mouse.
.
.
.

That Shepherd was mine. I know it, and I'm going to prove it. Defying agency orders is a big no-no, especially after botching two missions in a row. But I don't play by those rules. Why? Because I'm the main character, and I make my own rules.

The agency wouldn't see it that way, of course. They'd say I'm reckless, insubordinate. But they don't get it. They don't understand the game like I do. They don't see the bigger picture.

I strapped on my gear, double-checking every weapon and gadget. This time, there wouldn't be any mistakes. I headed out, the city lights flickering in the distance as I made my way to the rendezvous point. Every step was calculated, every breath measured. I was ready.

The agency wouldn't see it that way, of course. They'd say I'm reckless, insubordinate. But they don't get it. They don't understand the game like I do. They don't see the bigger picture.

I strapped on my gear, double-checking every weapon and gadget. This time, there wouldn't be any mistakes. I headed out, the city lights flickering in the distance as I made my way to the rendezvous point. Every step was calculated, every breath measured. I was ready.

It was hot. I reminded myself that this was the last time I'd sneak into a warehouse through the vents. The heat was stifling, the space claustrophobic, and the isolation brought back memories of my childhood.

As I listened to the voices of people below, my watch beeped, indicating it was safe to proceed. Trusting the signal, I made my move and burst through the vent. That was mistake number one.

As I landed with a thud, the noise echoed through the empty warehouse. Instantly, heads turned, and I found myself face-to-face with a group of armed guards. Mistake number two: underestimating the security.

Caught off guard, I hesitated for a split second before diving behind a stack of crates for cover. Bullets sprayed the area around me as I frantically searched for an escape route. Mistake number three: not planning for contingencies.

The room was dimly lit, with metal crates stacked against the walls, casting long shadows across the concrete floor. Graffiti adorned the walls, adding a touch of urban chaos to the scene. As I hovered over the nearest metal crate, I heard voices speaking in Italian. "Ha una pistola!" (She has a gun!) they exclaimed. I smirked, knowing what was to come.

"In realtà è un tranquillante," (actually it's a tranquilliser) I replied calmly, before swiftly incapacitating them both with a tranquilizer. They slumped to the ground, unconscious.