It's Always Been You

thank you EveLovesHerself for giving me this idea

for this one shot pretend ravi didn't send the "hey sarge, remember me?" text

Pip's Pov:

I'm done with college for the semester and i'm heading home. I haven't been to Fairview since i left. I know Max was found "guilty" but i just didn't want to go back. Nobody reached out, by nobody i mean him.

My parents and little brother called me all the time. Cara and I still talk but we aren't as close as we used to be. He hasn't reached out once though. I can't really be that sad though, i haven't tried to either.

New York isn't that far from Connecticut so i'm driving out. I'm crying along to, I Miss You, I'm Sorry, by Gracie Abrams when i get a call. My heart starts racing and i hope it's him even though i know it won't be. No contact for over two years will do that i guess. I check to see who the call is from and it is from Cara. I answer and try to make my voice sound normal.

"Hey Car," i say, my voice cracking towards the end.

"Hey Pip, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"It's nothing Cara. I'm excited to see you," I desperately try and change the conversation, but with Cara knowing me so well, it doesn't work.

"Pip, he has been at college too. I'm sure if you talk to him you could be friends right now and get back together at some point. I promise."

"He blocked me Cara. You know what that means? He's fucking over me!" My screams turn into sobs and i blink away the tears so i can see correctly.

"I think he still adores you. What if her only got with Pen-the girl to try and get over you, just as you did with Alex."

Alex was a boy i met at my college, I thought i had feelings for him. In all honesty though, I just dated him so that i could attempt to get over Ravi. Ravi and i both hadn't texted each other, and the one time I tried to, it showed me as blocked. I din't when or why he blocked me. So i got with Alex.

" Wait he has a girlfriend! How could you not tell me? Cara you were about to say her name, you know her!" I scream, luckyily i'm not holding my phone and i just have it on the car bluetooth. I clench the steering wheel as hard as I possibly can.

"Fine, yes! I have met her. I went to the grocery store, and I hadn't known thatRavi worked ther-"

I rudely inturuppt her, "When was this!"

"Back in January, but we fell into conversation, and he brought up how he was seeing someone.. I didn't tell you because I didn't know how you would react. I'm sorry, i was going to tell you a better way before you came. I didn't mean for it to happened like this."

"Cara i din't want to say something i'll regret so i'm hanging up, bye i'll be in town in half an hour."

"Pip, please!"

I hang up. My song continues and i'm singing along. I try and convince myself I don't care that Ravi has moved on. No matter how many times i tell myself it won't work. I miss him, a lot.

I get through the rest of the Minor album and listen to part of Good Riddance before i arrive at my house. I quickly pull down my car mirror and check my face to make sure i don't look like i have been crying. To my luck all there is, is a tad bit of smudged mascara. I wipe it away just in time for my younger brother to come running out the door. He is 13 now and i have not seen him since he was 11. i can't help but feel guilty.

I get out of the car and he runs into my arms and screams, "Hippo Pippo!"

"Josh! You've gotten so big i've missed you so much!" I swing him around and put him down. My parents come outside and i run up and hug them, "I'm so sorry, i've missed you guys tons."