◈13◈

[Y/N POV]

At his sudden behavior, I was scared. But I was more nervous than that, because of his question. Why does he want to know this? And what will he do knowing this? He has abdicated his responsibility.

He had been able to leave his baby when he needed. He knows that he and I have had physical intercourse. But even then it didn't occur to him that it was his child. He simply said "This baby is not mine".

Just remembering these words made me feel anger. I gritted my teeth and said, "No."

"Even if you don't say it, I know," he said confidently.

"What the hell do you know?" I screamed in anger and sadness. But soon after seeing Junho sleeping in my lap, I calmed down.

"Where exactly is your problem, Jungkook? You said this baby isn't yours. Then you proved to me that I'm a fraud and… and now you're claiming it's your child. Really, what's your problem?" I blurted out but Jungkook remained silent.

I kept saying, "Do you know how much trouble I've had in my life because of you? My relationship with my parents is ruined, I am living alone now, I am known in society as a single mother. People look down on me."

Jungkook remained silent. There was a look of remorse on his face. He looked down and said, "I'm sorry."

His voice was a whisper but I could hear it clearly in the silent street. I chuckled bitterly, "You know what, just drop me at home. After that, I don't want to talk to you anymore."

●  ●  ●

[Jungkook POV]

I can't express in words how bad I feel. Y/N is right, I really am a coward. I ran away without verifying anything, wrapped myself up. I feel so bad that...

I love Y/N so much. She was the first love of my life. But when I saw her with another man, I couldn't stop my heart. It was as if lightning struck my head. Overwhelmed with emotion, I believed what I saw.

But my biggest mistake was making a direct decision without talking to Y/N afterwards. If I had talked to her, maybe the situation would not be like this today.

Thinking about these things gives me a headache. I feel helpless as if I am alone in this world.

"Jungkook, are you sure that's your baby?" Jimin asked.

"Of course," I insisted.

"Then you talk to her. Talk and settle all the problems."

"No use. She won't accept it. She....she didn't even tell me the baby's name," I said in a cracked voice.

Jimin thought for a moment and let out a sigh. Then said, "Jungkook, giving birth is the hardest phase for girls. And this time you left a girl alone when she trusted you. How can she forgive you so easily?"

"So....what do I do now?" I got scared.

"You should prove to her that you care and still love her. You should slowly make her yours again."

●  ●  ●

The next day, I went to the office and checked to see if Y/N had arrived. I saw her arrive on time like a punctual woman. Today she was wearing a red top and black pants. She looks amazing even in a simple outfit.

My feelings for her may have been dormant due to a misunderstanding but after seeing her, it rekindled. I want her to be mine again. Even though I know I have committed an unforgivable crime, I will not give up.

I did not understand how should I speak to her. She made it clear that she never wanted to talk to me again. Moreover, talking to her leads to misunderstandings. I felt like I am nervous for the first time in my life.

As I was thinking, time was running out. It was time for lunch now. I was about to get up from my desk but then.....Yunjin appeared.

I cursed in my mind. If it was any other day, I would have smiled to avoid her but today I wasn't feeling well at all. It felt worse to see her now.

"Babe, are you.....sick?" she asked as if she cared a lot about me. But she is actually after money.

"No, I'm fine," I said blankly.

"No, no. You look pale," she came closer and tried to put her hand on my forehead but I held her hand and said in a pretty hard voice, "I said I'm fine."

She was surprised by my behavior. She always saw the good side of me that I used to act. But now I am so annoyed that my patience has broken. I am already in my own trouble, on top of that this gold digger snake.....

"Fine. Come on then, let's go eat," she tugged at my hand but I didn't move.

"No, I'm busy," I said with a pure annoyed face.

Then suddenly I remembered Y/N and an idea came to my mind. But to get rid of this gold digger before that, I said, "You go first. I'll meet you in the canteen."

She was surprised that I suddenly agreed. She looked at me suspiciously and then left.

I looked straight at Y/N's desk and a smirk tugged at the corner of my lips. She's still there. I headed there with a smile on my face. But as I went there, Jack appeared before me.

He was talking to Y/N making them both laugh. Seeing this, my blood started boiling. I went and stood next to Y/N's desk. Y/N was turned to Jack so she couldn't see me but Jack did.

Jack looked me in the eyes and was shocked. Because I wasn't looking at him with a good gaze. Rather there was anger and coldness in my eyes that would dry up anyone's heart. I told him to run away with eye gesture. He took a step back, then slowly walked away.

"What happened?" Y/N asked being shocked but Jack didn't had time to answer. As a result, Y/N looked back and her eyes locked on mine.

Her beautiful and magical eyes looked into mine and made me forget all my anger again like always. I lose all my senses again at the sight of her unfathomable gaze. A bright smile appeared on my lips.

But soon Y/N looked down, averting my eyes. I could guess she was blushing. "Cute," I whispered under my breath.

I got up and sat on her desk and said, "It's lunch time. Come on, let's eat.....together."

I realized that from around, the workers were looking at us and whispering. But I avoided these but Y/N didn't. She looked around with fear and shame in her eyes. Then she looked at me as if she wanted to many things but couldn't.

I casually asked, "What?"

--------------End of EP 13-------------

A/N: Please vote dears💜

08/04/2024Monday 12:25 PM

08/04/2024
Monday
12:25 PM