19. Paths Crossed

As Aiden and Luca strolled along the picturesque beach, the gentle lapping of waves providing a soothing backdrop to their conversation, they encountered an unexpected sight: two familiar figures frolicking in the surf.

Aiden's eyes widened in recognition as he beheld Riona and Kaiden, their laughter echoing across the shoreline. With a sense of excitement, he quickened his pace, eager to reunite with his fellow hunters from the void challenge.

"Riona! Kaiden!" Aiden called out, a smile spreading across his face as he approached them.

Riona and Kaiden turned at the sound of his voice, their expressions brightening with delight as they recognized their friend.

"Aiden!" Riona exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine warmth. "It's so good to see you. We knew you'd make it."

As they exchanged greetings, Aiden couldn't help but notice the distinctive mark on Riona's chest—a symbol of her newly acquired C-rank status. Curiosity piqued, he couldn't resist asking her about her rapid advancement.

"How did you become a C-rank so quickly?" Aiden inquired, his eyes flicking to the emblem on her chest.

Riona's smile widened at his question, her gaze meeting his with a mix of pride and determination. "I've been putting in a lot of effort," she explained. "Becoming a C-rank hunter was my goal, and I worked hard to achieve it."

Impressed by her dedication, Aiden turned to Luca, eager to share his observation. "Riona's just as strong as you, Luca," he remarked, his voice filled with admiration.

But Riona shook her head, her humility evident in her response. "I'm still a low C-rank," she admitted. "I have a long way to go before I can match Luca's skill and experience. But I'm getting there."

Kaiden, too, chimed in, his determination shining through his words. "I'll be a C-rank soon enough," he declared, a fire burning in his eyes.

Aiden nodded in agreement, a sense of camaraderie coursing through him as he shared in their aspirations. "We'll all be C-rank hunters before long," he said with conviction.

After bidding farewell to Riona and Kaiden, Aiden and Luca resumed their journey along the beach, the conversation shifting to their own ambitions.

"You're definitely ready to be a C-rank," Luca remarked, his voice filled with confidence. "Where we're headed next is where you'll prove yourself."

Aiden's heart swelled with determination at Luca's words, his resolve steeled by the challenges that lay ahead. "I'm ready for anything," he replied, his voice resolute.

With their sights set on the horizon and their hearts filled with anticipation, Aiden and Luca continued their journey. Aiden felt ready to face whatever trials awaited them on the path to becoming a C-rank hunter.