27. The Arena's Revelation

Aiden hit Maya and she fell into the battlefield. "It's over. I have won" Aiden said with confidence.

As the dust settled from Maya's fall, Aiden stood over her, a triumphant smirk playing on his lips. The crowd erupted into cheers, assuming Maya's defeat. But as Aiden raised his sword for the final blow, Maya's eyes blazed with determination.

In the stands, Luca watched in stunned silence, his defeat still fresh in his mind. He couldn't tear his eyes away as Maya struggled to rise, her determination unwavering despite her fatigue.

But just as Aiden prepared to strike, something incredible happened. An aura began to emanate from Maya, enveloping her in a dazzling light. Aiden watched in shock as Maya's form seemed to shimmer, her strength surging to new heights.

"What's happening?" Aiden muttered, his voice barely above a whisper as he gazed upon Maya in awe.

With a sudden burst of energy, Maya rose to her feet, her eyes blazing with newfound power. The crowd fell silent, their cheers giving way to hushed whispers as they beheld the astonishing sight before them.

And then, as if by magic, Maya's rank appeared on her chest, glowing brightly for all to see. But it wasn't the mark of a D rank hunter—it was the unmistakable insignia of a C rank.

"I knew it," Aiden murmured, his voice tinged with admiration as he realized the truth. "You were too strong for a D rank. You were ready to awaken, weren't you?"

Maya nodded, a fierce determination shining in her eyes as she faced Aiden once more.

"I'll end this now," Aiden declared, his sword poised for the final strike. But Maya wasn't about to back down—not now, not ever. With a steely resolve, she prepared to face her opponent head-on, ready to prove herself as a true hunter.

As the tournament unfolded, the mysterious figure who had defeated Luca earlier was on a relentless spree, effortlessly dispatching multiple opponents at once with little sign of fatigue. The crowd looked on in shock as they witnessed his unparalleled skill and power on display.

Meanwhile, Gideon continued to prove his prowess, defeating another opponent with determination and skill. Raelyn, his teammate, offered words of comfort and encouragement, reminding him of their need to face the mysterious figure together.

"Stay focused, Gideon," Raelyn said, her voice steady despite the chaos around them. "We need to fight together against that guy. We can't let him intimidate us."

With resolve in their hearts, they approached the enigmatic foe, ready to confront him head-on.

At the same time, Aiden squared off against Maya, their battle fraught with intensity and determination. As the two clashed, their every move fueled by a burning desire to emerge victorious, the crowd watched with bated breath, knowing that the outcome of their duel would have far-reaching implications for the tournament.

With two intense battles about to begin, the stage was set for a showdown of epic proportions, as competitors clashed in a test of strength, skill, and resolve.