38. The tremble of the arena

The arena trembles as the mysterious guy unleashes his relentless assault, sending shockwaves of devastation through the battleground. Luca and Aiden, battered and weary, struggle to block his ferocious attacks, each blow taking its toll on their already weary bodies. With every strike, they feel their strength waning, their resolve tested to its limits.

Aiden grits his teeth against the pain, his mind a whirlwind of doubt and determination. "We can't... give up," he gasps between labored breaths, his voice strained with effort.

Beside him, Luca nods grimly, his gaze locked on their formidable opponent. "We have to... keep fighting," he replies, his words punctuated by the sound of clashing steel.

But despite their best efforts, they find themselves overwhelmed by the sheer power of their adversary. With each passing moment, they sustain more cuts and bruises, their defenses faltering under the relentless assault.

Aiden and Luca lie on the ground, battered and defeated, questioning their strength and resolve. Aiden's mind races with doubts and questions, wondering why he's faltering in the face of such overwhelming strength. Luca, equally exhausted, admits defeat, unable to summon the energy to continue. But amidst the despair, Aiden feels a surge of determination, a reminder of the promise he made to himself.

"What's wrong with me?" Aiden wonders aloud, grappling with his inner turmoil. "Am I giving up? Why is that guy so strong? Am I too weak to face him?"

Beside him, Luca echoes his sentiments, resigned to their defeat. "We have lost," he murmurs, his voice heavy with exhaustion.

But as the crowd cheers for both combatants, Aiden refuses to succumb to despair. Summoning the last reserves of his strength, he rises to his feet, his gaze locked on the formidable opponent before him.

"It's not over yet," Aiden declares, his voice filled with newfound resolve. "I can still fight."

The organizer's voice rings out, announcing the unprecedented turn of events. "It's 3 versus 1! Can Aiden really do it?"

Drake, rallying behind his friend, rises from his own fatigue, offering his support. "I've got your back, Aiden," he declares. "I may not be as strong, but I admire your courage. Let's give it everything we've got."

With a fierce battle cry, Aiden faces the relentless onslaught of the mysterious foe. Though weakened and battered, he refuses to yield, channeling every ounce of his remaining strength to meet the challenge head-on. As the battle rages on, a strange aura surrounds Aiden, reminiscent of the power he once displayed in their earlier encounters. Luca, unable to stand but watching intently, recognizes the familiar energy, a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos of their final stand.

"It's the same energy...back when I fought you, Aiden, I felt the same." Luca says in a shocked tone. Aiden attacks fiercely his opponent, with a killing intent.

As Aiden pierces through the mysterious foe's chest, revealing his true identity as a B rank hunter, he voices his realization to the crowd. His words echo through the arena, drawing gasps from the spectators.

"Listen everybody!" Aiden exclaims, his voice filled with urgency. "The mark on this guy's chest! It says B rank! He's a B rank hunter!"

The mysterious foe acknowledges Aiden's discovery with a nod of respect. "You fought very well," he admits. "Two C rank hunters couldn't do so much damage to a B rank hunter like that. You and Luca fought well."

Suddenly, the mysterious foe's brothers step forward, and say: "We are also not fit for this tournament. Our names are Hrie and Oeifi. We are F rank hunters. That's why we were so weak. Remember our names, as one day we will be strong."

The organizer, astonished by this revelation, announces the disqualification of the B rank hunter and his brothers. "Any participants other than rank D and C are not able to participate," he declares. "F rank hunters have no place here. Guards! Take them!"

The crowd murmurs in disbelief as the guards escort the disqualified participants away, bringing an unexpected end to the final battle of the tournament.

"Let them stay." Aiden says calmly. "The fight isn't over yet. Let them stay until the fight is over."