32. The team is Victorious

Chapter 32: The tension between Zugo and Luca reaches its peak as they exchange fierce blows, each strike reverberating through the arena.

"I'll make you regret ever challenging me," Zugo growls, his voice dripping with determination.

Luca's response is a smirk. "You'll have to do better than that to beat me," he retorts, his eyes flashing with confidence.

Meanwhile, Aiden rushes to Drake's aid, but his efforts are in vain as Rina's swift and precise strikes leave Drake deeply wounded.

"Your movements are as elegant as your calligram body. " Drake says with a pained smile, admiring Rina's agility even in the midst of battle. "But your beauty is truly unmatched."

As Rina turns her attention to Aiden, he braces himself for the upcoming battle, knowing he must face her with all his strength.

"Let's see if you can keep up with me," Rina taunts, her eyes glinting with determination as she prepares to unleash her next attack.

Aiden grits his teeth, determination burning in his eyes. "I won't go down without a fight," he replies, his voice firm with resolve.

Their battle begins, and Aiden finds himself struggling to keep pace with Rina's relentless assault. Despite his efforts, fatigue begins to set in, slowing his movements.

But Aiden refuses to back down, drawing upon his inner strength as he pushes himself to his limits, determined to prove himself against his formidable opponent.

As Luca delivers the final blow to Zugo, the crowd erupts into cheers, acknowledging the end of their intense battle. Aiden, though exhausted and barely able to move, watches with admiration as Luca emerges victorious.

"You did it, Luca," Aiden breathes, a mixture of exhaustion and relief evident in his voice.

Luca offers Aiden a reassuring smile. "We did it, Aiden," he replies, clapping a hand on Aiden's shoulder. "You held your own out there."

Aiden nods, grateful for Luca's support. Together, they turn their attention to Rina, who still stands defiantly before them.

With a coordinated effort, Luca and Aiden swiftly overpower Rina, their combined strength overwhelming her defenses. As the final blow lands, Rina falls to the ground, defeated.

As the echoes of the intense battle fade, the crowd erupts into cheers, their excitement palpable as they witness the end of the match. The organizer steps forward, his voice booming over the cheers, announcing the victorious team's advancement to the next round. Amidst the jubilation, the members of the winning team make their way back to the stands, greeted by applause and admiration from the spectators.

Among them, Maya strides confidently towards Aiden, determination gleaming in her eyes. "Aiden," she begins, her voice laced with resolve, "Me and my team are up next. We're facing that mysterious guy, but I'm sure we'll emerge victorious. The others on his team must be weaklings, as they don't even join the fight. We'll come for you next."

Aiden meets Maya's gaze with a warm smile, his confidence unwavering. "Do your best, Maya," he responds, his tone encouraging. "I have no doubt you'll give it your all out there. Good luck."