𝟏𝟓

╔══════════════════╗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╔══════════════════╗𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╚══════════════════╝

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐓 on her bed curled up in a ball, she was staring out into the glade that seemed darker than usual. tears were glistening over her eyes, she tried to hold them back but the sight of ben's distorted face hanging over her body was enough to make a few trickle down her damp face. madelyn had been sitting in her room for the past half an hour while the boys had a gathering discussing what to do with ben. they had called the gathering as soon as the runners had arrived back from the maze, not giving them a moment to process the information. the girl didn't want to speak to anyone, she didn't want them to see her like this. it was weird how one minute she could be laughing with newt and the next, her own friend trying to kill her. madelyn didn't blame ben, she knew he didn't mean it. she felt guilty about whatever was going to happen to the boy, he was her friend after all.

a small knock at the door lifted her out of her clouded thoughts. madelyn turned her head to see newts sympathetic face standing at her doorway. "maddy?" he spoke in his soothing voice as he noticed the girl's crumpled position. he knew she didn't like to show when she was sad, she thought it would make her seem weak, but newt knew she needed someone to support her. and he promised himself that would always be him, no matter what.

madelyn sent him a weak smile as she wiped away the stray tears with the cuffs of her hoodie, she patted the empty space next to her motioning for him to sit. he walked slowly over to the bed his soft eyes never leaving the girls curled up body, he grabbed her hand and began to gently stroke it with his fingers.

"are you okay?" he asked in an almost whisper.

madelyn stayed silent and nodded as she finally made eye contact with him, it sent a wave of understanding over her. she knew newt would always understand. he saw the tears glistening over her eyes and gently pulled the girl into a hug, it was filled with all sorts of emotions, sadness, anger, grief, too many to process. they stayed in the same position for about thirty seconds, his hand on her head stroking her hair as she gripped onto his back trying to hold in her emotions. madelyn didn't know why she found it so hard to tell people how she felt, or why she never wanted anyone to see her emotions. all she knew right now is she never wanted to let go of the boy in her grip, he was the one thing she was certain about.

madelyn pulled away slowly and hung her head staring down at her lap, newts soft touch still lingering on her shaking hands. "what's going to happen to him?" she asked her voice trembling slightly.