Chapter 7

Kaden in media slot

*Brooklyn's POV*
I pull into Payton's driveway and hesitated a little. I know that something's bothering her but I don't want to ask if it's personal. I decide to let her tell me if she wants to instead of pushing for it. We get out and head inside, her opening the door. It was warmer in here, so she took off my sweatshirt and handed it back to me.

"No, you keep it. Looks better on you," I say. She smiles and sets it down on an entrance table and side hugs me. I never get it with this girl. One minute she hates me, and the next she's all over me. Not complaining or anything, but mixed signals are flying around and I'm really confused. We walk through the hallway and enter the living room, where Sean and my friends are all hanging out. Payton squirms a little and let's go of the hug. I can tell that she's bothered by them being here.

"Uh, hey," Payton says as we walk over to the sofa sectional. All of the guys were here, all looking really confused.

*Payton's POV*
We walk in, me hugging Brooklyn from the side when I notice that we're not alone. I see that Sean and all of his guy friends are over, even more than yesterday. And the worst part is, Kaden's here. I avoid looking at him but I know he's looking at me and Brooklyn. And even I know it looks bad.. We walked in hugging, we were just swimming from still being in our bathing suits, but that can be a friendly thing right?

"When did this happen?" Matt said pointing at me and Brook. They can't automatically assume something happened.. Something's up. I decided to deny it and see where it goes.

"What? Nothing happened, I was just bored so we went swimming.." I said, hopefully they would believe my story.

"Quick question, have you checked your guys's Twitter lately?" Josh butted in, even though everyone was listening to the conversation.

"No, why?" I asked as me and Brooklyn simultaneously pulled out our iPhones and went on Twitter. Once I was on my timeline, the only thing I could see people tweeting about was.. "Jesus Christ," I sighed loudly and closed my eyes. A picture of me and Brooklyn kissing at the waterfall was taken and posted all over Twitter(pic in last chapter's media slot). You couldn't tell who the guy was, so everyone who saw it on Twitter wouldn't know it was Brooklyn, but considering how everyone in the room knew we went swimming today could put 2 and 2 together.

But how? I didn't even notice anyone around us at the time.. I looked up at Sean and bit my lip, not knowing what to say.

"I told you to stay away from my friends Payton! How hard is that?" He said, looking mad.

"I don't need you pre-approving my life Sean! You've been gone for the last two years of my life and I'm not the same girl you left behind in LA. I can make my own choices, and who to hang out with." I said coldly. Sean took me to another room to talk, because everyone could hear us.

"I know you're not 13 anymore, but I just wanna look out for you. I don't wanna see you getting hurt, especially by any of my best friends. I know what they're like, Payton, and you don't wanna be around them." he said.

"I know Brooklyn's part Fuckboy, but there's another part of him you haven't seen. Honestly, I know that you've known him for 2 years and I have for 2 days but it isn't even a thing yet, or ever. So let's not get worked up over literally nothing," I said, hoping that would work.

"I guess I'm okay with that.. just be careful Pay." he said with real concern in his face.

"I will.. Let's get back, I wanted to watch Final Destination 2.. you cool with that?" I asked.

"We're all going to a rave pretty soon, it's at Jaden's if you want to come," he said as we were nearing the living room.

"No, Jaden was always flirting with me and stuff.. I'll pass for now," I laugh.