Chapter 40

*Payton's POV*
I wake up, but on a bed, when I could've swore that I fell asleep on the couch to avoid deciding anything. I looked around a bit more and saw that Kaden was on the bed over, and Brooklyn was awake and on his phone on the couch. I get up and walk over to him, hopefully getting some sort of explanation, because I've been known to sleepwalk, and that would've been embarrassing.

"Morning," I say yawning as if on cue.

"Morning Pay, uh, I moved you onto the bed last night if you were wondering, you looked sort of uncomfortable," he laughed. Awh, that was sweet of him, and he wasn't wrong.. The couch in that hotel room was like a solid rock.

"Thanks," I smiled. "I'm gonna go get some breakfast pretty soon if you wanna join me," I offered.

"Uh, sure."

"Kay, I'll be getting ready, and be out in about 15 minutes," I explained and grabbed white ripped skinny jeans, white crop top, and cream cardigan out of my almost packed suitcase(pic in media slot). I head into the bathroom, take a shower, leave my hair naturally straight, put my outfit on, and do my makeup. I checked my phone again for the time, and I managed to get ready in 12 minutes. New record for me!

I walk out of the bathroom to see an already dressed Brooklyn sitting in his regular position in front of the TV staring down at his phone. I also noticed that Kaden was awake, and he looked up at me when I walked in. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"Kaden, we're going for breakfast if you wanna come," I explained as Brooklyn got up from the couch and joined my side.

"I'm good, thanks," he said with an annoyed tone in his voice.

"Okay, well when you stop acting like a 5 year old and get over yourself.. Let me know," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Is this your decision?" He asked, scared of what I might say.

"No. I need time to think this out, this isn't some freaking competition or something I can flip a coin over." I explained. "I'm sorry Brooklyn, can I just go to breakfast alone? Or with one of the guys? I just don't really want to be surrounded by these distractions right now," I sighed.

"Yeah, of course, I don't mind," he said. I smiled and walked out of the hotel room. I decided to just go to breakfast by myself, considering if I were to go with someone, they would question just about everything. I called an uber and it arrived within 10 minutes to pick me up.

I went to the nearest Starbucks, I know call it breakfast right? Once I took a step inside, the powerful smell of coffee slapped me in the face, but it didn't hurt at all. I loved the smell of coffee, ever since I was a little kid and I would wake up to that smell every morning. I stepped in line, and of course had to be recognized.

"Payton! Oh my gosh can you take a picture with me?! I love you so much!" A teenage girl with long brown hair and piercing hazel eyes said as she ran up to me.

"Of course Hun," I smiled.

"Um, excuse me could you take a picture for me?" She asked a guy that was in front of me in line, I'm guessing because she came here alone. He turned around, and might I say, the sight wasn't horrible. "Oh my.. Yo-you're E-Ethan D-Dolan," she stuttered in amazement, looking like she was about to pass out, turning paler by the minute.

"You should sit down, you look a little bit pale," I said.

"No, I'm fine really," she laughed.

"Yeah, I can take the picture," the guy, 'Ethan' apparently said, while looking me up and down and smirking. Now that I think about it, he looks really familiar.. The girl handed him the phone, shaking, and he snapped a few pictures.