A a gem born in Marseille

In 1972, while calendars worldwide marked June 23, a child born in Marseille, such as Eric Cantona, would later become a legend, first for his family, then for his country, and ultimately for the world. Although he was born and raised in La Castellane, a neighborhood in Marseille, his family originally hailed from Kabylie, Algeria.

In an interview with the famous magazine The Observer, he said, "Every day, I think about where I come from, and I still take pride in my identity: first, I am from a Kabyle family in La Castellane, then a Cezayirli from Marseille, and finally a Frenchman." His beautiful talent first emerged in Saint-Henri, a small team in France, where he spent a year. Despite the dilemma of whether he was right-footed or left-footed (he is right-footed but can use both feet effectively), he left his opponents, especially defenders, amazed and often saying, "Wow, what a player," due to his high level of game intelligence, technique, and field vision.

Afterwards, he joined the second youth team, Septèmes-les-Vallons, where he stayed until the age of 14, demonstrating his superiority and talent against his peers. At the end of 1986, he participated in a 3-day trial, playing as a libero in the matches. His dribbling skills inside his own penalty area attracted all the attention, and Jean Varraud, who discovered young talents at AS Cannes, invited Zidane to the club's training sessions. In 1987, at the age of 15, following a week-long special trial, under the management of Guy Lacombe-------Guy Lacombe (born June 12, 1955) is a former French footballer and coach. He began his professional career in 1975 with Albi club. Later, he played for clubs such as Nantes, Lens, Tours, Toulouse, Rennes, Lille, and Cannes. In his coaching career, he managed Cannes, Toulouse, Guingamp, Sochaux, Paris Saint-Germain, Rennes, Monaco, and Al Wasl teams. He experienced the joy of winning a gold medal in football with the French national team at the 1984 Summer Olympics.--------, Zidane joined AS Cannes. When he joined Cannes, he stayed with the Elineau family. Jean Fernandez, at the age of 16, added Zinedine Zidane to the professional roster of AS Cannes.

 Jean Fernandez, at the age of 16, added Zinedine Zidane to the professional roster of AS Cannes