Zizou has became a professional,Cannes Years

While the calendars showed May 20, 1989, 16-year-old Zizou made his debut with Cannes against Nantes. Then, on February 8, 1991, in France's Ligue 1, Zinedine Zidane, who was then wearing the AS Cannes jersey, scored his first career goal against Nantes. This goal was a significant milestone in young Zidane's professional career and was considered as an indication of his talents. At the age of just 18 at the time, Zidane showcased his skills and signaled signs of future success with this goal.

Upon closer examination of the match details, Zidane's confidence in his playing style and technical skills stands out. The goal highlighted not only his prowess as a footballer but also the unique qualities that set him apart, marking the beginning of his journey as a future star.

After the match, AS Cannes president, Alain Pedretti, gifted him a Peugeot 205. The club's qualification for the UEFA Cup introduced Zidane to European competitions. The following year, AS Cannes was relegated to Ligue 2, prompting Zidane to transfer to Bordeaux in 1992.

Zidane's move to Bordeaux represented a new chapter in his career. Despite AS Cannes' relegation, his talent had attracted the attention of bigger clubs. Bordeaux provided Zidane with a platform to further refine his skills and display his abilities on a larger stage.

During his time at Bordeaux, Zidane continued to impress with his exceptional ball control, vision, and playmaking abilities. His performances garnered widespread acclaim, solidifying his status as one of the most promising talents in French football.

Zidane's tenure at Bordeaux played a crucial role in shaping his career trajectory. It was here that he refined his skills and established himself as one of the most talented midfielders of his generation. His success at Bordeaux laid the foundation for his future accomplishments both at the club and international levels.

The decision to sign Zinedine Zidane from Cannes to Bordeaux after he scored just 5 more goals following that match turned out to be a wise move indeed.