The Real Zizou:Win or Win

Zizou became the key player for Real Madrid; for instance, in the league, Real Madrid suffered 3 losses and 2 draws in the 7 matches without Zizou. The results were similar in the Copa del Rey, with 2 losses and 2 draws in the 2 matches he missed. Additionally, during the 2002 FIFA World Cup, France suffered 1 draw and 1 loss in the 2 matches Zizou didn't play. This highlighted Zizou as the most crucial player in the teams he played for worldwide. Despite occasional replacements by Guti and sometimes Beckham in his position, Zizou consistently proved his indispensability. In the UEFA Champions League, Real Madrid progressed impressively, but in the final, they lost the trophy due to Zizou's absence, as Bayer Leverkusen, currently the Bundesliga champion, overpowered them. As the English commentator famously said in those moments: "Makelele passes to Roberto Carlos, who plays it to Solari. Carlos makes a good run, and Leverkusen is struggling. Carlos delivers a good cross directly into the penalty area, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Real Madrid resurrects with Zizou. A truly fine execution, orchestrated by the Latin players and finished by the Frenchman." The only thing on everyone's mind was, "Zizou's magic."

The superstar, who concluded the season with 12 goals and 15 assists, had an exceptional campaign, securing several major trophies. Notably, he clinched the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award, UEFA Champions League title, Spanish Super Cup, and UEFA Super Cup, showcasing his remarkable talent and impact on the field. His contributions were pivotal in the success of his team, cementing his status as one of the finest players of his generation.      

  Let's see how the relationship between the superstar and his lightning romance with Real Madrid would unfold.