The last train at home

In 1996, as the year unfolded, Bordeaux faced Real Betis in a highly anticipated match, with the Spanish team being the favorites. Just 4 minutes into the game, Zizou unleashed a missile from 40 meters out, setting the tone for the match. However, it was in the quarter-finals of the UEFA Europa League where Zizou truly displayed his playmaking abilities, stunning first the Italians, then the French, and ultimately surprising the entire world.

With star players like George Weah, Baggio, Baresi, Maldini, and future national team stars Vieira and Desailly, Milan was considered the favorite in the quarter-finals. Bordeaux was not expected to pose much of a challenge, but Bordeaux's trio had a surprise in store. In the 14th minute, Lizarazu, a key component of the Bordeaux trio, assisted Tholot, putting Bordeaux ahead 1-0. Fifty minutes later, with an assist from Zizou, Dugarry found the back of the net, leaving the Italian fans in silence as they witnessed their team's unexpected downfall. And to seal the victory, in the 70th minute, the same duo combined once again, with Zizou providing the assist and Dugarry scoring the goal.However, the fairy tale ended sadly in the final.In his Bordeux career he scored 29 goals in 139 matches,also with 1995-1996 UEL he became a part of France national team.Jacquet recognized Zidane's exceptional talent and decided to utilize him as the orchestrator of France's midfield. This decision proved to be pivotal, as Zidane's creative playmaking abilities and vision became instrumental in driving the French national team forward in their quest for success.On August 17, 1994, during a match against the Czech Republic in Bordeaux, Zinedine Zidane made his debut for the French national team. With France trailing 2-0, Zidane entered the game in the 63rd minute and made an immediate impact by scoring two goals within two minutes, playing a crucial role in securing a draw for his team.