Rise and Fall

When he finished watching the trailer for the Zidane movie, he started the film. In the 97/98 season, with 11 goals and 15 assists, he was playing out his movie, but no matter how good a player is, to be the best, they need a trophy. Zidane had truly crafted a PlayStation career. In 1998, with his unforgettable matches, he proved himself with the FIFA World Player of the Year, FIFA World Player of the Year, Italian champion, and Italian Super Cup champion titles.       

   Paul Pogba: Zidane is my idol; I can't forget his 98 final. While watching that match with my family, I still remember what I said about him, especially when he scored that first goal; we went crazy. When we saw that header goal, I yelled at the top of my lungs, "He did it again!" From that day on, I understood that he was a real midfielder, and I worked hard to be like him.

Indeed, it wasn't much of a surprise for Zizou to win the Ballon d'Or after also clinching the World Cup.

In the following year, Zizou's performance declined, only managing 2 goals and 7 assists, and it worsened the next year with just 5 goals and 3 assists. However, at the beginning of the 00/01 season, everyone thought Zidane wouldn't surpass 10 G+A. But by the end of the season, Zizou silenced everyone by tallying 6 goals and 14 assists, reclaiming his old form and accolades. By winning the European Championship, he added a second national trophy to his collection, along with being named FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or. Returning to the spotlight in the 01/02 season, Zidane made a sensational transfer from Juventus to Real Madrid for a staggering 77 million Euros at that time. And as one of the rarest pieces of Los Galacticos, Zizou would feast on trophies there because he was a SUPERSTAR.