◈14◈

[Y/N POV]

I was surprised as well as suspicious by Jungkook's question. But more than that, I was afraid of the whispers of the people around me, which caused me shame. Jungkook will have nothing to do with this because he is the boss. But people will think me bad.

I looked at Jungkook and wanted to say 'no' or something but that would cause a scene here, so I kept quiet. Meanwhile, Jungkook casually asked, "What?"

He pretended as if he couldn't hear a single whisper around him. I bit my bottom lip and got up from the desk and headed towards the canteen. I realized Jungkook was following me.

I went to the canteen and quietly sat at an empty table in the corner. Jungkook went to get food. I need to talk to him about this. If he treats me like this in front of everyone in the office, people will misunderstand. He also has a girlfriend. I don't want her to rip me off.

While thinking about this, I saw Jungkook coming back with food. A triumphant smile was playing on his lips. Of course because I didn't protest. Now he thinks he has conquered the world.

"The food is hot. Start eating," he said as he sat down.

When Jungkook came back, the people in the canteen started looking at us. Their stares made me uncomfortable. Jungkook probably noticed it. He therefore looked back coldly and the others quietly went about their business. Then he looked back at me and smiled, "It's all right now."

I took the spoon and stirred the food but did not eat. I don't even know what I was thinking. I just drowned in thoughts. Jungkook notices this and asks, "What happened? Why aren't you eating?"

"What does this mean? What are you trying to do now?" I asked looking him straight in the eye.

"I can't understand you," he feigned confusion.

I laughed and then said, "You suddenly invited me to lunch in front of everyone in the office. Why?"

He sighed and said, "I just wanted to eat with you. I don't like eating alone."

"With me? Where's your girlfriend?" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"My girlfriend?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. What's her name? Oh yes, Yunjin. Where is she?"

Jungkook laughed as if he was very amused. Then he said, "You look very jealous."

"Why should I be jealous?" I said and tried to stay cool. But actually seeing him with that girl makes me feel bad. But he doesn't care, I know.

"The lips of a man lie, but the eyes do not," he said as he ate.

"I have no reason to be jealous. You'll be somebody's one day. Besides, you're gone from my life. Why should I care about you?"

I didn't know that this would affect Jungkook so much. He fell silent and his face darkened. It felt like lots of emotions were crossing on his face. He said after a while, "I was gone from your sight but have you been able to get me out of your mind?"

This time I remained silent. I didn't know what to answer. His words are true. I couldn't get him out of my mind for a moment. He is always still in my mind. I gulped & said, "How can you be so sure?"

He looked into my eyes and brought his face closer to mine and said, "Because..... I couldn't."

● ● ●

Jungkook's behavior towards me changed strangely. When I first came to this office, he didn't like me at all. He might have vowed to make my life hell here. And so he tried. But now...

He gives me special importance now. He doesn't stress me out with works like he used to. That day he took me to eat together. But maybe even then, he tried but I didn't give him any chance. I go out to eat with the other girls earlier.

But having dined with him that day, now I am in dire problems. The girls in the office now think I know magic. Some are jealous and mistreat me. But those who are my friends, they do not see me badly. However, interest also works in them.

"Y/N, really....how did you make the impossible possible?" Karina said closing her eyes tightly.

I took a sip of coffee and sighed, "That's what you always say. He invited me to dinner because I gave good ideas in the meeting that day. Parents reward us for doing well in exams. It's....just like that," I lied. Actually, only we know the story between us.

"It's not like that. Many employees have given good ideas in many meetings before, but they got nothing but his cold gaze," Ningning insisted.

"If he was so averse to love, he wouldn't have a girlfriend," I tried to change the theme.

But what I said is true. He has a girlfriend now and he seems to love her very much. Maybe that's why, he doesn't look at other girls. Just thinking about this makes my heart burn. I don't know why this happens. I just..... don't like seeing him with other girls.

"Oh no. That arrogant girl says she's the boss's girlfriend but he never said it. Besides, she suddenly started working into this office without a job test or interview & boss said nothing about it." Karina then came nearer us and whispered, "I think they have family problems."

I was surprised to hear that. Family problems? I know his parents support his views. Then they should not force him to date. But since I don't know anything, I shouldn't comment.

"Maybe but-" I stopped as my eyes landed on the far table, where sat.....Jungkook.

He had been looking at me since I don't know when. And he did not move his eyes even when I saw him. That's why, I have been feeling uncomfortable for a long time.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at him in return. It felt like fighting with eyes. Then I noticed he was sitting with his girlfriend. Seeing this, my mood changed to bad.

"I don't feel like eating," I said and got up from the table being mad.

He can do whatever he wants. And when I just talk to anyone, it becomes lewd. He thinks he can always control me but no. No more.

Just-

Fu¢k him!

-------------End of EP 14-------------

A/N: Please vote dears💜

08/04/2024
Monday
11:50 PM