Chapter Two: Her Beautiful Smile

⊰ Her Beautiful Smile ⊱

"Lucy? You decided on coming to school today?" Asked Levy with a surprised expression. Lucy hummed in response, "Are you sure? If you're not feeling good you can always stay at the nurse's office," she assured her.

"Thanks Levy, but I think I'm good," Lucy replied back as they both sat down next to each other in their assigned seats. She tilted her head with confusion. She then nudged her glasses lower with her finger and looked at Lucy intently.

"You sure?" She asked once again for certainty. She nodded and Levy sighed, as they both grabbed their planner and pencil out from their school bag. As Lucy opened her planner to today's date, she glanced at the class entrance and saw Gray talking to Natsu.

Gray noticed and he smirked at her. She blushed and proceeded on jotting things down in her planner. Natsu looked at Gray and noticed that he was staring at Lucy. Strangely, he held an envious expression.

The bell rung, notifying that first period is starting.

* * *

It was finally lunchtime, as Lucy and her friends proceeded towards their table. Her friends were quite surprised that she came to school because she was feeling a bit grieved and depressed. They wonder what caused her to feel so much better?

"So Lucy? Why'd you come to school today?" Asked Erza as she dug her fork into her cheesecake.

"Oh, I, uh, just felt like it,", she managed to respond.

"Really? That's odd," said Erza suspiciously as Lucy casually took a bite of her rice ball.

"Enough of the suspicions! I want to know what happened between you and Gray!" Shouted Mira. Lucy's eyes widened and her face became red as she began to choke on her rice ball.

"Ne, wh-what do you m-mean?" Lucy stuttered as she noticed Mira's eyes began to shimmer.

"The details!" Said Mira as she quickly slammed her palms on the table while leaning closer to Lucy's flushed face. Lucy pushed her away and started fiddling with her fingers beneath the table.

"I-I don't know wh-what you're talking ab-about," she stuttered once again.

"Come on Lu-chan! It's so obvious something happened after the funeral with you and Gray." Stated Levy, as Erza nodded.

"Ne! Wh-what does that suppose to mean!" Lucy exclaimed. Levy got closer and smirked at her embarrassed state.

"Your face and ears are very red," she said pointing at her red ears and cheeks, "your fiddling your fingers under the table," she gestured towards her fingers as Lucy hid them behind her back, "lastly, you're stuttering when you speak," Levy pointed out.

"W-well...I have nothing to say to you guys," Lucy lied, "Really, nothing happened between me and Gray."

"Oi, Gray?!" Called Erza across the cafeteria. Lucy jumped up from her seat and closed Erza's mouth with her hand as her flushed face became even more red.

"Erza! What the hell are you doing?!" Lucy whispered urgently and harshly. Then Gray came face to face with Lucy, which made Lucy nearly faint.

"You called?" Asked Gray. Lucy gulped and got off Erza, and dusted her skirt off. She then glanced at Natsu who smiled at her. She then looked back at Gray.

She coughed, "Um, yes. Sorry for that, but we were just playing around," she said as her friends snickered at her. Gray eyed her suspiciously and turned around and walked away as he proceeded his conversation with Natsu. Natsu though peeked over his shoulder and looked at Lucy. She noticed and blushed as she averted eye contact with him.

"I think Natsu knows what we were trying to do," stated Lucy as she pouted. Levy started giggling and pointing at her, as she started teasing her about how her face looked like when Gray came.

After lunchtime and other classes, school was finally over. Lucy sighed as she grabbed her school bag and walked out of campus and off to her home. She then heard someone call her name, "Lucy!" She then turned around and saw Gray chasing after her. Making her tilt her head with confusion.

"Gray?" She whispered as Gray started to catch his breath after chasing after Lucy.

"Man, I finally caught up to you," he panted as she started to walk away from him, making his eyes widen, "Oi! Lucy, wait for me, will 'ya!" He halted as he finally caught up to Lucy again. They then decided they would walk home together.

"Why are walking home with me?" She asked Gray making him frown.

"Why? Does it bother you?" He asked making Lucy blush.

"No, it's just this is the first time you walked home with me from school." She mumbled quietly, yet Gray managed to hear her, making him smirk afterwards.

"Well, I'm glad this is our first time because I'm going to treasure this moment." He said making her flustered at his words because this was the first time a guy would actually say something nice to her.

"Let's go buy some ice cream, yeah?" He offered. She shook her head as he grabbed her hand and took her to the ice cream cart.

She stared at their hands that were touching making her blush once more. Gray bought two ice creams as they both sat down on a park bench. Lucy began to lick her ice cream away as she ended up having ice cream on the corner of her mouth.

Gray spotted it and wiped it away with his thumb. Lucy froze and began to turn red as she slapped him, "Ow! What was that for!" Gray said as he rubbed his cheek with his other hand.

"Don't touch me without permission!" She yelled as Gray began to laugh loudly at her, "What's so funny?"

"You're face! You should've seen your face! It was so cute!" He gushed and laughed at her as she began to pout. She then slammed his face into his ice cream. He then pulled his face out and ended up having his ice cream stuck to his forehead.

Lucy then covered her mouth with her hands and began to stifle a giggle which then grew to a laugh, making Gray's midnight eyes beam with delight. He smiled as he finally saw her beautiful smile.

"Ne, I'm sorry." Lucy apologized for laughing as she cleared her throat and began to wipe a tear from her eye.

"Don't be sorry for laughing. You don't have to apologize for laughing, I mean laughing is the best feeling." He said as he scotched over next to Lucy again.

Lucy looked away from him as she stared off to her right, "You know, you're smile is really beautiful," Gray admitted making Lucy turn back around to face Gray.

"Really?" Lucy said flatteringly.

"Yeah. Stop hiding your smile Lucy; I see you hide it everyday. But I'm glad that I got to see it." Gray said as he placed his hand on hers as he leaned closer to Lucy's lips. Lucy froze as Gray's breathe fanned her nose. Lucy gulped as Gray kept slowly leaning forwards. Gray then moved to her ear.

"Here's my secret," he began as his breathe sent chills on her spine, "I like you," he confessed silently, making Lucy blushed furiously. He moved away from her ear and got up from the bench and headed off, making Lucy sit there dumbfounded.

"See you at school, Lucy." He waved as Lucy went off home quickly, to avoid anyone who saw what happened.

She then slammed the door and slid her back along the wooden door. Her school bag fell out of her hand as her school coat loosely defined her creamy arms. She laid her hand upon her chest as she felt her heart beat rapidly against her chest. She then looked at the mirror and touched her flushed cheeks.

She sighed as she changed into her night clothes and went off to bed. Though, she couldn't sleep and kept thinking about Gray as she stared at the ceiling the whole night replaying the scene about what happened today. In the end, she smiled brightly and drifted off to sleep thinking about Gray.

Gray finally confessed his feelings to Lucy! What will Lucy do when she comes back from school to see him again? Will her friends find out the awkward tension that they are holding? And did you know that the Summer Festival is coming up so soon! Find out what happens next on the next chapter, Chapter Three: Stolen Love