Chapter Fifteen: Happy Ever After

⊰ Happy Ever After ⊱

Everything was how it was suppose to be. The liveliness of the group of friends has finally decided to come back, smiles beaming of pure joy, and laughs joining into a quilt of happiness; they were all just a happy family again. They all sat on a wooden picnic table on a hill of Crocus Park, happy that they can all be together once again.

Gray sat on the bench table smiling from ear to ear, his cheeks tinted as he listened to his friends witty stories and such, the feeling of being home again warming his heart. He turned to look at Lucy, waiting for her to turn an face him. She turned to look at his eyes, both simultaneously smiling as Gray nodded a grateful gesture at her, returning back to Elfman's story.

Lucy couldn't help but chortle at how happy he looked, just being surrounded by all his friends. She was also happy to see Juvia grinning her heart out. She then felt a warm hand snake under her palm, lacing their fingers with hers. She smirked knowing it was Natsu's hand that surprised her with his sudden grasp.

She looked up to see Natsu showing his goofy smile, loving the optimistic aura that their friends uplifted into the atmosphere. He leaned his head on her shoulder, his nose nuzzling into her silky, sunny hair. Her flower scented aroma fuming into his nostrils, his sniffing being obvious to Lucy's hearing, though she didn't mind.

He then let out a long exhale from the intake of her scent, sighing in content afterwards. He simpered passionately and placed a featherweight kiss on her shoulder. She abrupt a small laugh—a laugh that made Natsu swoon. She released her intertwined hand with his, locking her fingers into his salmon hair, tugging gently on him.

"Everything is just how it is." Natsu whispered, his words dripping like honey and relief.

"I love it." She added to his comment.

"I love you." Natsu chuckled. Lucy softened her eyes and sheepishly smiled, still playing with his hair. Suddenly Erza stood on the table, grabbing everyone's attention to her.

"I have an announcement to make." Erza raised her voice for everyone to pause their conversations.

"It better be something good." Natsu grumbled annoyingly, disappointed at the fact that their moment was interrupted. Lucy flustered from his rude comment, quickly planting her palm on his mouth, hoping Erza didn't hear him. Luckily she didn't, making Lucy sigh, however, still earning a whack on the head from her.

"Alright, spill it Erza." Cana cheered, chugging a can of beer.

"Well, now that we are all reunited," she glanced a gesture at Gray, "I was thinking that we'd all have a private reunion party at my restaurant. Just all of us at my restaurant, celebrating. I'd be sure to note that it's a private occasion so that no one can disturb us." Erza explained. Everyone began to mutter agreements and nodded utterly to her suggestion.

"I think that's a great idea, Erza." Levy rooted, draping her arm over Gajeel's neck, who sat down on the bench while she stood. Gajeel snickered at her sudden outburst as everyone else cheered with Levy and began to shout agreements and jovial comments at Erza as Erza stood there with her arms crossed, a smirk plastered on her face as she mentally acknowledged her own brilliance of an idea.

"Then its settled; we're all having a party tonight!" Natsu shouted, pumping a fist in the air. Everyone yelled in approval as Gray's lips formed a sappy smile of appreciation.