Chapter Ten: Let's Not Be Alone Tonight

⊰ Let's Not Be Alone Tonight ⊱

June's weather was calm as ever. It was warm, but not too warm—it was the perfect kind of warm. A slight breeze here and there would gust through the summer air as tiny clouds scattered across the bright blue sky. A smile formed upon the pinkette's lips, noticing how peaceful and relaxing today's climate was. He implied today's soothing weather was suppose to symbolize the blooming relationship between Lucy and him.

He smiled wider, his cheeks brightening with happiness. He then continued to make his way towards Lucy's house, carrying a plastic grocery bag full of snacks and other necessities. As he stepped onto the staircase of her porch, he knocked the door and waited patiently for the door to open.

The door opened gently to reveal his blonde lover, wearing a light yellow summer dress. A smile laid upon her lips making him smile in return. He then tucked a strand of hair behind her porcelain ears and kissed her right cheek, which eventually was colored with light pink blush from Natsu's affection.

"Hey, Luce." Natsu smiled, showing his pearly whites. He stepped in and closed the door behind him as he followed Lucy to her couch. They both settled down next to each other on the creamy sofa, both seeking each other's body warmth and closeness. Natsu plopped the plastic bag on the glass coffee table, making Lucy stare curiously at it.

"You brought snacks?" Her eyes wonder in curiosity and her hands roamed inside the bag full of food. He chuckled and rested his head on the couch.

"Well, yeah; why not?" He shrugged nonchalantly and watched Lucy pull out a box of strawberry pocky.

"Woah, how'd you know I was too lazy to cook today?" She laughed as she ripped the box open, and opened the bag of pocky inside. Natsu pouted childishly and yanked the pocky box away from her, making her awestruck face disappear into a shocked face.

"Well, if you're going to not treat your boyfriend, might as well do the same for my girlfriend." He teased as he waved a pink pocky stick in front of her face. Her brown orbs followed the biscuit stick as she licked her lips in hunger. He then quickly placed it in his mouth and slowly crunched into it, making her angrily pout.

"Okay, fine. I'll make you food." She sighed in defeat, "However, I'm going to take you out for food." Natsu smiled in agreement and shoved a pocky stick into her mouth. She hummed in delight and started to chew onto the pocky stick.

"One point for Dragneel." He smirked in victory. Lucy rolled her eyes, grabbing the box from him and began to rummage through the bag for more sticks. She lifted them up in front of their faces and started to giggle.

"What's so funny?" I quirked my brow at her sudden chortle.

"These pink pocky sticks just reminded me of your hair." She laughed as she crunched into one of them.

"First of all, it's salmon, not pink," Natsu scoffed at her comment, "And second, I don't get how that's funny." He sent her a glare of seriousness.

"Aw, don't be such a party pooper. I'm just joking." She nudged his cheek with her index finger. She then placed the box back down onto the table as she finished the last pocky stick. Natsu smirked evilly and grabbed her wrist, leading the pocky stick in her hand to his mouth. He then took the last stick in his mouth and bit into it.

She gasped and was ready to scold him when he suddenly hugged her and rested his face onto the crook of her neck. She was taken by surprise and smiled warmly as she draped her hands around his back, hugging him closer to her body.