Chapter Six: Fire and Ice

⊰ Fire and Ice ⊱

"Hey, Lucy!" Greeted Gray with a smirk. He was holding a red rose in his hand tied with a pink ribbon. Lucy blushed, noting the red rose in his hands. Gray looked down at the flower and raised it up between their faces. He scratched his neck, and looking away, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Oh right. I got you this when I was passing by the flower shop." He said sheepishly. Lucy smiled brightly and took it from his hand. She lifted the red rose up to her nose, sniffing the wonderful aroma of it. She looked up at Gray through her lashes and saluted him a smile, making him blush and look away once again, as Natsu scoffed in the background.

"Thank you so much, Gray. I love it!" She smelled the rose again. Gray nodded in response then looked behind her shoulder. He noticed the pinkette sitting on her creamy sofa, petting Plue's head on his lap.

"What's Flame Brain doing here?" He pointed at him with his thumb. Natsu grunted at the nickname Gray gave him as Lucy peeked at Natsu's expression.

"Oh we ran into each other at the grocery store, and so I decided to let him hang out with me today." Gray felt a bit jealous, but he decided to control that feeling and act good in front of Lucy. As for Natsu, he smirked when he noticed Gray blush an angry red on his cheeks. He knows that he's jealous and Natsu was actually happy that he is jealous.

"What brings you here Ice Princess?" Natsu's pride taking over him. Gray glared at him angrily getting ready to punch him in the face.

"None of your business Pyro!" He barked. Lucy sweated nervously, not taking the likes of what's going to happen next.

"Shut it, Stripper!"

"Pinky!"

"Squinty Eyes!"

"Slanty Eyes!"

"Ice Freak!"

"Stop it, please!"

Both the idiots let go of each other and fixed themselves. They both apologized at the same time to Lucy and blushed in embarrassment, both looking down at the carpet floor.

"Can we all just be friends here and just chill? If not, I might have to call Erza to come over here and handle with you idiots." She huffed. They both gasped and pleaded her to not call Erza over.

"Good. Now please stop fighting. I really don't like it when my two favorite people fight." She pouted. Plue barked beside her and licked her leg. She giggled and picked him up.

"I'll be back I have to put him outside in the backyard." Right when she left the living room, both Gray and Natsu glared at each other.

"What are you looking at Stripper?" Natsu remarked. Gray stuck the middle finger up at him as Natsu stuck his tongue out at him.

"I'm surprise that Lucy takes a liking to an idiot like you." Gray laughed.

"Speak for yourself, dumbass." Natsu crossed his arms on his chest.

"Hey, at least Lucy favors me more than you." He retorted. That's what made Natsu click. His expression became more intense. Gray looked at him confusingly and became a bit worried.