Chapter Four: Summer Nights

⊰ Summer Nights ⊱

Something's strange. Lucy's been having a cheery aura ever since she arrived school. Her friends were relieved that she wasn't depressed anymore, and was back to the old Lucy they knew, but they were a bit curious about her sudden attitude. Actually, more like a bit concerned.

Levy sat in her assigned seat in History, as she waited impatiently for Lucy. Her knee repeatedly bouncing up and down, showing her tendency to be provoked. Lucy finally entered class as Levy spotted her coming in. She sat down next to her and placed her school bag on the floor, next to the desk leg.

She faced Levy and smiled broadly, "Hello Levy!" She greeted making Levy smile back.

"Good morning, Lu-chan!" Levy replied. Lucy then took out her planner and her pencil bag, yet, still holding the same happy expression. Levy giggled at her making Lucy pout.

"What's so funny?" She asked still pouting at her and Levy stopped giggling.

"It's just that you seem so happy today, and I find it very cute." She complimented making Lucy slightly blush. She scratched the back of neck as if she was ready to explain to her about the cause of her happy mood.

"Well, something happened yesterday." She hinted. Levy quickly got out of her desk making her desk screech against the floor.

"Tell me!" She gushed as she leaned closer to her. The only embarrassing thing about this was that everyone in the whole room was looking at us, as if we were starting a commotion.

"Levy, you're making a scene." She muttered to her quietly. However, Levy didn't care, and being the best friend Lucy is, she knows it. Lucy gulped as Levy held a determined expression, getting ready to hear what she has to say to her.

"Come on, Lu-chan! We don't have all day!" She exclaimed urgently. Lucy grabbed ahold of her shoulders and pushed her back down onto her seat. Levy huffed and pouted childishly.

"Can't you wait till lunch or when no one is around?" Lucy suggested.

"Hmph." Levy responded making Lucy sighed.

"Seriously," Lucy muttered to herself, "Come one Levy, don't be mad at me," she complained.

Levy let out a frustrated sigh, "Fine, I'll let this slide, but you better tell me at lunch time, got it?" Levy retorted as she pointed her index finger at Lucy. Lucy nodded vigorously in agreement, knowing that Levy's impatience can get freakishly out of control. She realized that Levy isn't the only devilish demon she knew by far, as she began to picture Erza and Mira with a dark aura surrounding the two of them, which made her have goosebumps.

Homeroom finally started as everyone did their procedure. Class and event representatives came up to the class and started off the morning routine as the day continued on until lunchtime, which was the time Levy has been anticipating for. And that made Lucy a bit timorous.

Levy came charging after Lucy when she spotted her in the lunch line. Lucy snickered at her silly actions as they both waited in line together for their lunch. After ordering their food, Levy yanked her behind the wall of the girl's restrooms.

"Levy?!" Lucy asserted. She then noticed Levy's eyes sparkle which made Lucy gulp.

"Alright, Lu-chan! I'm ready! So hit me up on what happened yesterday!" She yelled out. She was so loud, that Lucy closed her mouth with her hand making her peek to the side of the wall, making sure no one was eavesdropping on them.