CHAPTER 9

AKSHARA'S POV

AKSHARA'S POV

After returning to my cabin and delivering coffee to Mr. Chand, I began reading the schedule to prepare for narrating it to him. As I finished, I noticed it was time for Mr. Chand’s meeting with the Singhania’s. Approaching Mr. Chand’s cabin, I knocked on the door but received no response. Knocking again, I heard a female’s frustrated voice from inside, which puzzled me. “How did Mr. Chand’s voice change to a woman’s?” I wondered.

My subconscious taunted me, “JAB SE TERE DIMAAG KA SCREW LOOSE HUA HAI TABSE”,

"AEIII MERE DIMAAG KA SAARE SCREW THIK HAI , KUCH LOOSE NHI HUA HAI" 

"HAAN TOH WOH BHI TERE MR. CHAAND KI AWAZ NHI HAI , KISI AUR HI CHUDAIL KI HAI , ABB JA JAKE DEKH ANDAR" Sometimes, I think my subconscious is wiser than I am. Despite my doubts, I knocked once more. With no answer, I barged into his office, and the sight that greeted me fueled my anger. A girl was clinging to him like a koala, and his disgust was evident on his face.

"CHUDAIL KAHIKI, DEKHO TOH KAISE CHIPAK RAHI HAI , CHIPKALI"

As I watched the scene unfold before me, I couldn’t help but think, “SACH MAI CHUDAIL HAI BUS ULTE PAIRON KI KAMI HAI.” My mind was racing with thoughts, but I brushed them aside and approached Mr. Chand. With a polite nod, I informed him, “Mr. Chand, you have a meeting scheduled with Mr. Singhania in 15 minutes.”

Before I could finish, she interrupted me sharply, her voice laced with disdain, “Don’t you have manners? Who enters without permission?”

I stood my ground, matching her tone with my own sassiness, “Ma’am, I did knock, but it seems you were too engrossed in… personal matters to hear , so I don't have any other option”

Her face contorted with anger as she spat out, “Mind your language! You are nothing but a mere employee.”

I replied with a tight-lipped smile, the sarcasm dripping from every word, “I know, ma’am, and I’m doing my ‘mere employee’ work only.”

“And who might you be?” I challenged, refusing to back down.

“That’s none of your business,” she retorted, “but since you’re so curious, we’re close friends.”

I mumbled under my breath, “So-called close friends, dikh raha hai woh toh , kuch zayada hi close hai” barely audible.

“What did you say?” she demanded.

“Nothing, ma’am,” I replied quickly, then added with a hint of mischief, “Don’t you think you should end your call? I doubt the person on the other line appreciates your… so called close friends wali so called close baatein.”

Her eyes widened in panic, and she hurriedly left the room. I chuckled to myself, wondering how the ‘sassy queen’ turned into a ‘panic queen’ so swiftly strange but who the hell cares.