CHAPTER 12

ABHIMANYU'S POV

ABHIMANYU'S POV

BEFORE 24 HOURS

'''
The hallroom was abuzz with the usual corporate drone when suddenly, a voice cut through the monotony. "I can find him," it declared, resonating against the walls. Every head turned in unison towards the source, including mine. I didn't need to look; I knew that voice all too well-it had been the soundtrack of my thoughts, day and night, for a torturous four years.

As I reluctantly shifted my gaze, there she stood-my queen, exuding confidence and commanding the room without uttering another word. Yet, amidst her radiance, I was plagued by doubt. How could she possibly find him?

Before I could voice my skepticism, an irritating interruption shattered the moment. It was none other than my little moon's chipkali Saniya Oberoi, the thorn in my side, my business partner's daughter. I've endured her presence solely for the sake of our deal, but patience has its limits. "Do you think this is a joke? Or are you trying to impress someone?" she sneered.

My fist clenched, anger boiling within. How dare she insult my Chandni? The words erupted from me before I could stop them. "Mind your words, Miss Oberoi, or I won't hesitate to silence that insolent tongue of yours."

She retorted with feigned innocence, "Abhi, I'm telling the truth. Girls like her just want to-"

I cut her off, my voice a low growl. "Mr. Oberoi, I trust you value your daughter's well-being. If not, then-Shera!" I called for my enforcer, but before I could issue the command, Mr. Oberoi whisked his daughter away.

Turning back to Chandni, I masked my emotions with a cold facade. "Miss Akshara, I hope you understand the gravity of your claim."

"Of course, Mr. Cha... I mean, Mr. Raichand. I'm well-versed in hacking and can resolve your issue. Please, trust me and give me a chance," she pleaded with a cute pout forming on her beautiful face, her sweet voice thawing my icy demeanor , right at this moment I just want to kiss her untill she became breathless but...

'Control, Majnu, control,' my inner voice taunted. I knew she almost called me by the nickname she'd given me-Mr. Chand. It sent a flutter through my chest, a sensation I couldn't afford to indulge.

She spoke of trust, but how could I reveal that I trust her more than my life itself? That she could command me, yet here she was, asking for permission."You have one hour," but still with a cold voice I stated firmly. "Fail, and the consequences will be severe."

I saw a flicker of fear in her eyes, a look I relished in others but I don't like the same fear in her eyes , I just want adoration and love in her eyes for me. "Meet me in my cabin in five minutes," I ordered, turning to leave.