CHAPTER 14

ABHÍMANYU'S POV

ABHÍMANYU'S POV

As Zayn and I were on our way to uncover any clues about the mysterious man, our search seemed futile. Just as we were about to lose hope, we encountered an old lady. I accidentally bumped into her while getting out of my car and quickly apologized. To which she responded, "You're Mrunali's son, right?" I was more than shocked; it was a complete surprise. Zayn shared my astonishment, especially since it was our first visit here, and everyone we had asked claimed ignorance about Mok and Dad. How did this elderly woman know my mother?

Curious, I inquired, "How do you know my mother?" She scanned the surroundings before whispering, "I can't discuss it here. You must come with me." Despite the uneasy feeling in my gut, I agreed, and Zayn and I followed her.

Her home appeared abandoned, a relic lost in time. As we stepped inside, darkness enveloped us until she lit a small lamp, revealing our faces to each other. But now, her expression had changed; it was as if she had been yearning for something for years and had finally found it.

I exchanged a confused glance with Zayn just as she removed her mask, revealing her true identity. She wasn't an old lady at all, but a woman about my mother's age. "Who are you, and why have you brought us here?" I demanded in a stern voice.

Her laughter was chilling, filled with malice. "I didn't bring you here; your destiny did. It's time for my revenge," she declared.

"Revenge? Destiny?" I echoed, utterly bewildered.

"Yes, revenge. I seek vengeance against your mother. That woman stole my love, my Abhimaan. He never spared me a glance because of her. And now, when I have the chance to take her son, I won't hesitate," she hissed.

With those words, she lunged at me, knife aimed straight for my heart. Before we could react, she hurled the knife. But fortune was on my side; the knife didn't touch me. Instead, I found myself on the ground, shielded by an angelic figure who had saved me just in time.

'''

The knife had found its mark, and as she fell, blood began to ooze from her arm. It was only when I removed the knife that I realized it was coated with poison. The shock of it rooted me to the spot, turning her to face me as I brushed the hair from her face. That's when a girl, who I assumed was her friend, came running up to us.

Zayn was like a statue, frozen in place. I shook him, trying to snap him out of it. "Zayn, come on, man, where are you lost!"

The girl was frantic. "What happened to the princess?" she cried out.

"She... she saved me from this knife," I said, my voice shaking. "But it hit her instead."

Panic set in, and she called for help. Within moments, guards arrived, and a man, probably in his thirties, ran towards us. Without a word, he lifted her up and rushed to a car, holding her as if she were made of glass.