CHAPTER 11

"How did you end up there?" Sheldon asked as we were on our way. I called him to pick me up. He had so much to say, saying he's coming too.

"Don't ask," I said while gazing out the window.

"You owe me this," he insisted. I just nodded, refusing to engage further. Pero bigla akong may naalala.

"What's your plan to cancel the family picture anyway?" I asked him, irritation lacing my voice.

He glanced at me briefly before quickly shifting his gaze to the road ahead. "Don't ask," he parroted, mocking my earlier words.

I rolled my eyes, unimpressed by his response. How typical of him to avoid the question. It was infuriating how he always seemed to have a nonchalant attitude about everything. But I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily.

He chuckled, "Don't you worry your pretty little head about it," he retorted with a smirk.

Well, I couldn't care less about whatever he does. What matters is canceling our family picture. I know he'll manage it, albeit in his own twisted way. Sheldon's mind works differently, and it's always filled with some sort of mischief. He's probably concocting another one of his devious schemes.

The next day passed by uneventfully, just like any other ordinary day. Sheldon was nowhere to be seen in school, and it seemed like there was a noticeable absence of bullying incidents. Not that it mattered much to me whether they happened or not. As I strolled down the corridor, I unexpectedly crossed paths with Aelle. He looked at me and flashed a smile.

"Hey, Nionahlie, how's your life going?" His baritone voice echoed through the hallway as he spoke. I couldn't help but notice how he had improved in both physique and stature, which caught me off guard.

"As usual, nothing special," I replied curtly, barely acknowledging his presence as I reluctantly returned his embrace.

"I heard you're going to be Sheldon's sister?" he inquired as we parted ways from the brief hug. Suddenly, my mood shifted again.

"Yeah, lucky me, right?" I scoffed sarcastically. Aelle chuckled at my remark, seemingly amused by my cynicism.

"Yeah, you're really lucky," he agreed with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Our conversation was cut short as the bell rang, signaling that it was time for class, and we parted ways as we headed to our respective rooms.

I couldn't shake off the feeling of disdain as I thought about Sheldon and Aelle. They were two peas in a pod, both sharing the same arrogant and egotistical demeanor. They were nothing but jerks in my book, and the idea of being related to either of them was nothing short of a nightmare.

As soon as I walked into the classroom, I immediately caught sight of Chanel's face. I rolled my eyes at the air and slumped into my seat. Just like before, I tuned out the teacher's voice and instead stared out the window. I watched the leaves rustle in the breeze, the sky painted in shades of blue, and the sun casting its warm glow upon us. I've always had a fondness for the sun, especially during sunset. I often watched it from our terrace, sometimes even taking pictures when the sky turned orange. The sunset always warmed my heart, so I loved to gaze at it.

I was snapped out of my reverie when I suddenly felt something hit my head. Irritated, I turned around to see Chanel's plastic smile. That witch. My gaze fell on the crumpled paper she had thrown at me.

As I picked up the paper, I could feel my blood boiling with irritation. Chanel's antics never failed to get under my skin. I slowly unfolded the paper, expecting some kind of snide remark or mocking message. Instead, what I found was a crude drawing of me with exaggerated features, accompanied by mocking words scrawled underneath. It was clear that Chanel's intent was to provoke and belittle me, just as she always did.