CHAPTER 18

Finally, class was over. I hurried home to the penthouse since I had a lot of studying to do with that nerd. Fortunately, Mommy hadn't made an appearance yet. She was probably busy with work as usual. When I arrived at the penthouse, I was surprised by what greeted me. I saw Rinoa, Ariena, and the nerd sitting comfortably on the floor. They seemed quite at home.

"Why are you all here?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Niona, you're finally here. We've been waiting for you," Ariena said.

I scoffed. They've been waiting for me at my house? Wow.

"Get changed and let's study," Rinoa said.

The nerd just looked at me.

I rolled my eyes at them and went upstairs to change.

As I reached the top of the stairs, I couldn't help but feel annoyed. Why were they waiting for me in my own home? I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and made my way back downstairs.

When I returned to the living room, they were still there, waiting for me. I shot them a pointed look, silently questioning their presence.

"Let's get started," Rinoa said, her tone brisk.

I sighed, feeling a little exasperated. "Fine," I replied, reluctantly taking a seat across from the nerd.

We spent the next few hours going over my lessons. Just like before, the nerd was really helpful, and I found myself understanding the material better than I had in class. As much as I hated to admit it, having him around made studying a lot easier.

"Finally, it's over," Rinoa said with her eyes closed, leaning against the edge of the sofa. Ariena was rubbing her neck. We learned a lot today. I glanced at the nerd and saw him reading.

"Alright," Rinoa suddenly said, clapping her hands once. "Since we're all here, why don't we play a game?" she suggested, and the three of us exchanged glances.

"What kind of game?" Ariena asked.

"A game?" I repeated, intrigued by the idea. Despite my initial reluctance, the prospect of doing something fun was appealing.

"Yeah, we could play Truth or Dare," Rinoa suggested, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

Ariena grinned. "That sounds like fun! What do you think, Niona?" she asked, turning to me.

I hesitated for a moment, contemplating the idea. "Okay" I finally agreed, offering a faint smile.

Rinoa clapped her hands in excitement. "Great! Let's get started then," she exclaimed, her eyes darting between us. Tumayo siya at pumunta sa kusina. Pagbalik niya ay may hawak na siyang bottled water.

We settled down on the floor, forming a circle. Rinoa eagerly took the lead. Pinaikot niya ang bote at tumutok iyon sa akin.

"Okay, I'll start. Niona, truth or dare?" she asked, a mischievous glint in her eye.

I smirked, feeling a surge of adrenaline. "Dare," I replied, ready to take on whatever challenge she had in mind.

Rinoa's mischievous grin widened as she formulated her dare. "I dare you to go to the lobby and ask the cutest guy there for his number," she said, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

I felt a surge of panic at the thought. That was way out of my comfort zone. "Seriously?" I protested, feeling a bit uneasy.

"Come on, Niona, don't be a chicken," Ariena teased, nudging me playfully.

Feeling a mix of nervousness and determination, I took a deep breath and stood up. "Okay fine," I said, trying to sound confident.

As I made my way to the lobby, I could feel Rinoa and Ariena's eyes on me, watching intently. I spotted a group of guys near the entrance, and my heart raced as I approached them. Summoning all my courage, I walked up to the cutest guy in the group. Ngayon ko lang gagawin 'to.