𝟏𝟕

╔══════════════════╗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╔══════════════════╗𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

╚══════════════════╝

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍, her mind goes completely blank as her hand reaches out to grab onto the boys arm like everyone else did. it was an instinct, she didn't think. her feet guided her before anyone could hold her back. she regretted it the moment she felt the walls move in closer to her, thomas's pull stronger than hers.

"madelyn!"

newts scream brought her back to reality. the last thing she saw was his concerned face and the gladers holding him back from breaking a rule. she felt herself start to panic once she realised what she was doing. it was too late to turn around now, the walls were tightening on her and the only way accessible to her was the maze. thomas's hand pulled her out.

madelyn stumbled taking in the painful sight in front of her. her knees barley holding her up as her breath hitched in her throat. she could physically feel the burning regret in her chest, especially when she knew what she was to come of her and how boy on the other side of the walls would feel. the boy she would never be able to fufill the love she had for him. it was all gone now. no one ever lasted through a night in the maze, that meant they sure wouldn't.

madelyn felt a brush of air against the shell of her ear causing goosebumps to run down her back. she pulled her hand that was still loosley connected to thomas's clammy hand. before the boy could react he was brought back to reality by madelyn shoving him hard into the stone wall. she threw hits at his chest yelling.

"we're dead!" her voice echoed in his ears but it seemed they went in one ear and out the other. "i tried to pull you back! and, and you pulled me in instead!?" her tone was threatening. "im going to kill you, you stupid shank!" her voice trembled slightly as frustration ran through her veins.

thomas had never witnessed so much anger coming from the girl before. madelyn wasn't like the girl in his dreams, she was tough and belligerent. but then again, shes been surrounded by men for more than a month with barley any recollection of her life before the glade.

"good job." minho panted his pain deepening knowing madelyn was with them. "you just killed yourselves."

"w-what?" thomas stuttered frightened and overwhelmed by minhos statment.

"oh my god." madelyn muttered feeling her chest tighten as she tried to recollect her self. her hands lifted her up to her feet as she looked around. the dirt that she wiped of her trousers rolled to the ground. her feet carried her to the worn down boy meeting his gaze.

it was an intense understanding between them, they both knew their fates would end the same way tonight. madelyn plummeted down next to minho as they both watched thomas clumsily head over to albys body. the body, madelyn, did not want to give a good look at.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara