10.The birthday party

You're a beautiful person if you're reading this🤗
__________________________________________________________
Axel's POV

I was already at the kid's party, sitting and observing. It was filled werewolves from different packs. I could recognize some Alphas I have once made deals with and even some I just loathed.

A lady approached me smiling flirtatiously. She was wearing skimpy and really tight clothing and her overcaked make up just made me want to throw up.

Mason was trying to take over and rip this woman into shreds.

"Alpha Alex!" She squealed and sat next to me.

"Didn't expect to see you here today but then again Alpha Miles did invite Alphas from all round the country to celebrate his niece! By the way you look so handsome as usual! Can I just-"

"Get lost." I said abruptly and she stared at me surprised.

"Oh but I wasn't finished yet-"

"You don't want me repeating myself. It wouldn't end well for either of us." I said again.

She stood up and left angrily but I didn't fucking care.

I had more issues at hand. Like Mason for example wasn't exactly still. He was being totally restless.

I could understand why he was feeling that way but it made no sense. Our mate was near. I could feel her and he could too.

Just then the little boy and girl approached me.

"You came!" The little girl said while the boy smiled.

"Yes princess. Tell me what's your name?"

"Lily! And he's Kian." She replied smiling cutely.

"So Lily how old are you today?" I asked touching her chubby cheeks.

She looked at me thoughtfully then pointed both pinky fingers to me.

"Two?" I grinned knowing she miscounted.

"She's four! Lily didn't I tell you, you're supposed to show four fingers. Just like this." Kian said showing her both his pinkys and ring fingers.

"Oh." Lily said, sad at the mistake she had made.

"It's alright Lily. You don't have to be sad. Everyone makes mistakes." I said trying to make her happy again. Then I took the plastic bag beside me and brought out the gift box covered in pink wrapper.

"It's for me?" Lily asked and I smiled.

"Don't see any other princess here whose birthday is today." I said and she grinned.

She took the box admiring it.

"Thank you Alpha." She said and I patted her hair, slightly shifting her tiara.

I fixed it properly and touched her chubby cheeks, smiling.

"Someone is in love with my daughter." I looked up to see Mila looking better in a blue dress than yesterday when she was dressed as a clown.

"Mommy, I got a gift." Lily said showing her mom the pink box.

"This is nice. Thank you Alpha." Mila said and I nodded.

"We're about to cut the cake and sing for Lily. Come on front." Mila said, taking the kids away and I followed shortly behind them.

With each step I took to the front, Mason kept becoming restless. My mate's scent was getting stronger. I didn't understand what was happening.

If my mate was really around why couldn't I see her? The ball room was big and filled with people but it should have been easier to see her right? Afterall she's my mate. We shared a bond. Though I rejected her, she never accepted it so our bond wasn't broken yet.

She could also feel my presence right? Was she hiding from me then? Where was she?

I changed my motive from following Mila to finding my mate. I left the ballroom and came to the hallway. I knew what I was about to do was wrong especially for an Alpha.

I shouldn't be venturing round someone's house but I was eager and desperate to find my mate. I followed her scent from where it seemed stronger.

It wasn't that evident in the ballroom because lots of people with different scents were in there but here in the hallway, I could smell her stronger.

I found a staircase and led my way up to it.

Getting to the very last step, I came face to face with Alpha Miles.

He looked angry and annoyed on seeing me. Did he realise I was patrolling round his house?

"Hi Alpha Miles. Didn't see you again after you left the ballroom." I said smiling cooly.

"I wasn't exactly free. I had things to take care of." He said. "But what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at the party." He asked.

"Oh yeah. I was just finding the restroom. Sorry for wandering." I lied smoothly and he nodded.

"Funny because there's a restroom in the ballroom." He said and walked down the stairs. I fisted my palm angry that he just had to ruin my plans.

I followed behind him like a lost puppy as we got to the ball room.

"Enjoy the party. I'll see you later." He said as he stopped at a door which I assumed was the restroom.

"Sure." I replied and he left.

I sighed and looked around.

Everyone was busy singing for the little princess. I left the ballroom again but this time went outside to the large compound.

If Alpha Miles wasn't an Alpha, I would have said he was a little too rich but then again who was I to judge when I was also guilty of the same crime?

I walked to the car park and leaned backwards on my car. I placed a hand over my eyes as I basked in the warmth of the sun.

"Everyone's inside." I looked down, surprised to see Kian.

"Hey champ. What you doing out here?" I asked ruffling his hair.

"Mommy made my hair. Don't ruin it!" He said aggressively.

"Sorry champ." I squatted to his level and held his hands.

"You really love your mommy much, hmm?" I said and he nodded.

"My mommy is the best! I love her absolutely much." He said and I smiled.

"Then shouldn't you be with your mommy right now?" I asked thoughtfully.

"But Mommy said to stay with Lily. Mommy has been in her room. She wouldn't even come out for Lily's party." He said sadly and pouted.

I patted his cheeks and carried him up placing him on the bonnet of my car.

"Tell me, where's your mommy? Maybe we can convince her to come out together, hmm?" I asked and his face brightened.

"Okay let's go inside!" He said and I put him down.

He pulled my wrist, dragging me along with him.

He was a little too excited to see his mom.

On getting inside, I noticed the party was already over and the guests had started leaving.

He was already taking me up the stairs when Alpha Miles stopped us.

"Where do you think you're going?"

>>>>>>>>>>>

Sup lovelies

Hope you liked this chapter

Whoooo I'm getting the goosebumps😲