18.Let's see you try

You're a beautiful person if you're reading this☺️
_______________________________________________________________
Alyssa's Pov

I stared at my son still surprised by what he said.

"How do you know that?" Axel came to my aid, squatting beside me so he could reach Kian's height.

He held Kian's shoulders as he spoke to him.

"I heard Aunt Mila and Aunt Sara talking about it. And I look so much like you so I figured it out." Kian said.

His smartness amazed me and sometimes I feared it was a little too much for his age.

"Mommy never smiles whenever you're around or someone mentions your name. I know she hid in her room at Lily's party because she didn't want to see you. You must have hurt mommy a lot that's why I never asked her about you." Kian continued and my eyes started watering.

My son was so sweet and compassionate, thinking about his mom before himself.

I kneeled beside Axel and drew Kian to myself.

"My baby." I said then hugged him, sobbing silently.

I hugged him so tightly, trying my best as possible to bottle up the swirling emotions inside me.

"I'm sorry." Axel said. I could hear his voice breaking.

I pulled apart from Kian and rose to my feet. Axel also stood up.

"Ian, why don't you say hi to your daddy?" I said smiling down at Kian and he smiled back before turning to Axel.

"Hello, daddy." He said so cutely, I felt my at warm at that.

Axel smiled like he had just won the biggest price before lifting Kian in his arms.

"Hello son." He said then rubbed Kian's hair and kissed his forehead. Kian hugged him and he did the same.

I didn't ever picture a moment like this but right now I knew I'd always want this to go on forever.

I've made the right decision by letting Kian get to know his father.

+++++++++++++
It was evening already yet Axel refused to go home. He had been playing all day with Kian in his room and I was getting worried for Axel because it was already late.

I knew I really didn't have to worry because he was an Alpha male and he could protect himself but I still was.

Now Axel was drawing animals with Kian. They were both so immersed in their own world to even acknowledge my presence.

For once I felt neglected by my son.

I smiled as I watched both of them squeal at the success of what they had drawn and hug eachother.

It had been years since I saw this playful and carefree side of Axel.

A part of me still loved Axel and it was a fact I couldn't deny. With time I could find it in me to forgive him and maybe go back to him......

"Mommy!" Kian suddenly yelled and ran to me.

I smiled at him as he sat beside me on the sofa and hug me.

"Mommy can I go with daddy?" He said breaking the hug.

I looked between him and Axel who was still sitting at the play area watching us.

"Uhm I don't know about that baby. We never discussed about it." I said and Kian's face fell.

"Pretty please mommy. Why don't we both go with daddy and be just like Lily and her parents. Uncle Greg also lives with Aunt Sara in the same room and they'll be having a baby soon. Shouldn't we be like that too?" Kian said and my heart stung.

Axel stood up and walked up to us.

He kneeled before me and held my hands.

"Buddy, why don't you go find Lily. I need to talk to your mommy." He said and Kian obliged and ran out of the room.

"Aly listen, I know I've fucked up and it's gonna take some time before you forgive me but look at me Aly, I'm trying, trying to be the best for you, trying to make things right again.

Think of our son, he needs both of us, together as a family. Please Alyssa, come back home." Axel said and a tear slipped from my eye.

"I told you before Axel, I'm gonna need time." I said and took my hand from his, wiping my eye.

"I know but-" He was interrupted by a loud cry downstairs and we both ran outside to see what was going on.

Sara was standing in the living room holding her large bump. Her water broke!

Greg was by her side looking very confused.

"We need to get her to the hospital." I told Greg.

"I'll go get the car." Seth said and left.

Seth, Greg and Sara went to the hospital in one car while I went with Miles.

I had Axel go home and he said he'd be back the next day. I couldn't really argue with him plus Kian was crying as he didn't want to be separated from his Dad so soon.

I was starting to get jealous that my son seemed to love someone else as much as he loved me.

Mila and Anthony stayed at home with the kids.

Sara was in labour for an hour and a smile appeared on my face when I heard the beautiful cry of the baby.

Minutes later, we were allowed to go into the ward to see the newborn.

It was a very cute baby boy. I couldn't feel much happier for Greg and Sara.

Sara was discharged and we all returned home.

Kian and Lily couldn't seem to keep away from the baby, everyone absolutely loved this new baby who had been named Garrett.

The next morning, I assisted the maids in making breakfast for the family.

While we were all having breakfast, the doorbell rang and a maid went to get the door.

"Daddy!" Kian yelled, leaving the table and running towards the front door.

Axel was here so early.

"He acts like he now lives here." Miles scoffed and bit harshly on his pasta.

"Come on Miles. He's here for his son." Mila said and Miles glared at her.

Axel approached us and greeted us.

Everyone replied casually except Miles but the reason for that wasn't a puzzle anymore.

"I'm taking Kian home today." He announced and Miles suddenly stood up.

"Let's see you try."

>>>>>>>>>>
Sorry guys, I know the chapter title is lame. Didn't really have one for it so🤷

Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter. Vote and comment pls.

Love you all, bye💜