Chapter Six - Enchanted

Note: I really really love this piece. I still feel giddy re-reading each chapters while editing hahaha

---

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity

Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face 

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whispered "have we met?"

Across the room, your silhouette starts to make its way to me 

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks, like passing notes in secrecy 

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you...

-

"Freen Sarocha?" Mei echoed, a stunned look on her face as she broke the long stretch of silence that had followed Becca's admission of the truth. "You're dating Freen Sarocha? Academy Award-winning actress Freen Sarocha. Your best friend?"

A smile twitched on Becca's lips as she shrugged nonchalantly, "no, we're not dating, but yes, it's her. It's always been her."

"I- you- wha- I don't even know what to say!" Mei exclaimed, her eyes wide as she leant towards Becca, pale eyebrows rising high on her brow, lips parted slightly in surprise.

Letting out a low chuckle, Becca steepled her hands and slumped back in her chair, watching the other woman with amusement as the interview paused for a moment. Pressing her lips together, Mei narrowed her eyes slightly. 

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

A slow, wide smile spread across Becca's face, and she tried to bite it back as she nodded, shifting in her seat so that she was sitting with one leg beneath her, chin propped up in her hand, and elbow on the arm of the wingback chair. 

"I am. I've kept this part of my life a secret for my entire career; give me a few moments to enjoy it."

"So this is you coming out? As... bisexual?"

Snorting with laughter, Becca shook her head, her dark hair spilling around her shoulders, "no, no, that's the whole point of what I'm trying to say. All those men I've supposedly dated? They were nothing more than PR. Fake relationships to trick people into thinking I liked men. Of course, there are lesbians that have dated men in the past, before figuring out their sexuality, and that could've been the case for me, but it's not. For me, I've only ever been attracted to women. And there's only ever been one woman I've ever loved. Completely and wholeheartedly."

"Freen Sarocha," Mei said, her eyes burning with greed as she dug deeper into the story, finally realising the kind of treasure that Becca was giving her, with all of her secrets and stories waiting to be spilt.

This interview could hurl Mei to the top spot of celebrity talk show hosts, and the secrets that Becca intended to tell her could sell for millions. 

Of course, Becca hadn't picked her out of kindness, with the intention to help boost her career, but as a personal choice, for someone who had a knack for countering her dry humour and someone she felt comfortable enough spilling all of this too. 

There weren't many female talk show hosts, and none still that were around Becca's age, which made Mei a perfect candidate to help steer her through this interview. It was going to be lengthy, and they were barely scraping the surface on all the things Becca had to talk about, which meant that she needed someone who could ask the important questions, while not dismissing any of the smaller things that Becca had to say.