> til' death do us part

Memento mori.

The human's fervor was immense. Dread struck them like nothing else, the panic that fills their system was unwelcome and unwanted.

They didn't see.

Why didn't you tell them?!

Your body lays on the ground, your breaths almost as if it would disappear any second.

Their hands found yours they took the remaining warmth that was left of your body as you smiled at them. Weak and fragile. As if a single gust of wind would finish you off.

Kris' fingers found your pulse, your vitality slowed by the second as your eyes grew hazy.

"Not yet." They muttered, speaking as if it was their last wish. Or if it was something they'd die for.

You let out a breath, it was as if it was your last.

"I'm so tired.." Kris bit their lip, they know and they hated that they do.

They have lost many things but you were one they never wanted to lose.

They were planning to stay with you forever, how will they move to adulthood without you?

Their party stood behind them, watching as the scene unfolded. They had done all they could, what could be done was done.

And all that was left was this.

You opened your mouth, you were on the end of it all.

"I..."

Kris stared at you, their vision was getting blurry as you felt hot tears falling upon the fabrics of your clothing.

They waited, waited for you to say something. Pain was what they received as you slowly closed your eyes.

They shake you, shaking you urgently. Wanting you to wake up. Needing you to wake up.

But you never did.

All that was left of you was your lifeless body, cold and unmoving. Your slow breaths had come to a halt as the warmth of your hand disappeared.

Never in their time did they think that grief would come this early.

[+]

remember you will die.
time.
delivers all to the same end.