Ruins

Isabel

"So... Are we back yet?" Hanji asked "Yeah... We're home...." Isabel said as she removed the belt tying her down to the seat, she checked on Farlan, he was still unconscious and he had bandages wrapped over his head and arms.

"Eren can you hear me?" Hanji tapped Eren's cheek "Who?... You're Hanji?" "Yeah... Are you okay?" Hanji asked "Where are we?" Eren asked in his confused state.

"Back at the mansion... Jeez, this place is a mess" Isabel scratched her head and gazed upon the destruction that lay before her. She glanced back at Farlan, the pale-brown haired young man slept silently with no signs of waking up, she already knew the risks that might happen once he wakes up.

She remembered what the doctor had told her about Farlan's condition, the trauma of the injury might linger much longer, and once he wakes up, he will either heal or have trouble breathing. The injury had stretched all the way to his lungs, he will no longer be the same again.

"Isabel" Hanji said softly to get her attention, she turned around to face Hanji and wiped a tear off her eyes, saying everything's alright with a smile on her face. Hanji asked Eren to help Isabel get Farlan seated on a wheelchair, then Eren supported Hanji back in the ruined mansion, and into the Chambers.

"Where do you keep your spare hearing aids?" Isabel asked "On the red box on the top left shelf" Hanji said, Isabel quickly looked for the box and opened it, inside were tons of wires, but what stood out was the weird circular object attached to them.

"Is this it?" Isabel handed the 'hearing aids' to Hanji, she flicked a switch and the wires began to straighten and she stabbed them deep in her ear, shuddering at the sudden feeling of them penetrating. Eren could almost feel his stomach turn when he saw it.

"Ah! The voices are gone!" Hanji said as she spin the circular objects in position, Isabel couldn't help but laugh at Hanji "You look like Frankenstein!" she said "That's the point of it! I was supposed to use this on halloween" Hanji said and laughed along.

Isabel slowly stopped laughing and silence draped over the room, she glanced at Eren and her eyes seemed to shower him with sadness and hatred. She felt sad for Eren and somehow she blames him for what happened to Farlan. But she knows Eren was being controlled. But even so.

But goddamnit woman! Stop overthinking!

"How long until your eyes heal?" Isabel asked "Not sure if it will heal" Hanji said "What?! You said they will heal!" "Isabel, This is a damage done to me by my ability, it cannot be undone easily" Hanji said, she turned her head to the wall and spoke to Eren, who was on the other side.

"Eren"

"I'm over here" Eren said

"Oops, sorry" Hanji laughed and turned her head to Eren "Do you want your memories back?" Hanji asked "Yes!..... But...."

"Hm?" Hanji tilted her head

"What will I do once I get my memories back?" Eren asked, Isabel's eyebrows twitched and she grabbed Eren by the collar "You're going to get my brother and bring him back here alive!!!" Isabel demanded, her hair slowly turning red "Isabel, calm down" Hanji said, she dropped Eren and went outside with Farlan.

She touched her hair and watched as it burned red, she sighed deeply and wait for the color to fade to brown.

She clicked her tongue in frustration.

Eren

"Was she..." "Yes, she's just like us, however she is a failed product of the Tartaros project" Hanji explained "T-Tartaros?" "Yes.... Tartaros, Now then, come here Eren" Hanji said and Eren walked towards her, Hanji placed her hands on Eren's head, massaging them a bit.

"Whatever happens now, I hope you're prepared for it..." Hanji said "Yes" "Also, I have a favor to ask of you" "Wh-What is it?" Eren looked at Hanji's grey eyes, she was crying and smilling at the same time. "Just come back with Levi" she said, her eyes slowly turning almond.

"Your eyes..." Eren wiped Hanji's tears with his hand, "When I snap my finger you will fall asleep..." Hanji said and snapped her fingers, before he felt himself losing conciousness he fell to the ground, his vision was blurry, he can hear Hanji, but he can't make out what she was saying.

He closed his eyes and let himself fall out of conciousness.

Images of his mother's gentle eyes and his father's gleaming eyes began to appear, as if he was staring at them them. Mikasa's smiling face and Jean's arrogant look spun around his head.

Sasha's greedy face and Connie's look of longing popped up, Isabel's beaming smile and Farlan's grin faded into his memory. Hanji's greedy face and blushing cheeks blurred into his memory.

And Levi's fiery greyish-blue eyes which stared deep into his own as if they were seeing eye to eye.

In an instant, the sensation of Levi's touch, the feeling of his wamrth, the heat of his breathe and the feeling of melting.

It was all too much, too painful and too good to be true.

But then the memory of Erwin abducting him, the feeling of electricity coursing through his body which made him forget everything woke him up.

He was sweating and breathing heavily, Hanji was sitting next to him, her eyes were back in their normal color.

She smiled at him.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she wiped a cloth over his face "Like, everything hurts" Eren said "I had to open your locked memories by force, of course every memory you forgot will come rushing back, including the pain" Hanji said.

"How long was I out?" "Hm... The whole day" Hanji said "I have to go, I have to find Levi!" Eren said as he got up "Don't force yourself, you just recovered your memories!" Hanji said

"I am sick and tired of being unable to do anything, it's because of me that Farlan is in that condition, it's because of me Levi has been fighting hard, it's because of me that Jean turned into a fucking emo!" Eren said

"I know Eren, we'll go with you so please, rest now, we'll go when you're all better, you won't be able to help anyone if you're still weak" Hanji said

"Where's Isabel?" Eren asked "She's checking the ruins for anything we can use, food, weapons, clothing, and blah blah" Hanji got up and walked towards the door, but she bumped her head.

"A-Are you okay?" "Yeah! I'm okay! I'm alright! Hahahaha" Hanji said "Are you sure?" "I'm just having trouble adujusting, I can see a bit now but it's all blurry, even my glasses don't help" Hanji said

"Will you be okay?" Eren asked "Yep! Now get as much rest as you can, I'm going to check on Farlan" Hanji said and left.

Eren looked around the room, there was no roof and it was a total ruin except for the bed and half of the cabinet.

If Eren remembered clearly, this was Levi's room. He got up and walked over to the cabinet, he ran his hand along the broken wood, then tracing it with his finger.

There were ripped pieces of cloth slipping through the cracks, pulling it out will be useless. He opened the remaining cabinent door and found some of Levi's suits still intact.

He took one out and tried it on, he groaned when he found it was too small for him, he took it out anyways and hugged it in his arms.

"I should get going now" Eren muttered.