◈19◈

I ran through the corridor of the hospital. My brain wasn't functioning properly. I don't even know how it happened. I saw her healthy in the morning. And now....

God, let it be a lie.

As I hurried into the hospital room, I met her nurse. She gave me a sad look. By the look on her face, I knew it was.....true.

I felt my breathing getting heavy. I opened the cabin door with trembling hands. I went inside and saw that her whole body including her face was covered with a white cloth. I couldn't hold back my tears when I saw it.

Why is this always happens with me? All those who love and support me leave me one by one. And now the persom who sheltered me also had to leave.

I left the cabin with wet eyes and trembling body. I sat motionless on the chair in the corridor. My chest became heavy. Why......?

"Take this," a man forwarded a piece of tissue at me.

I looked up at him and it was Jungkook. What is he doing here? And how did he come here? My brain wasn't functioning properly.

I took the tissue from him and said, "Thanks."

He sat next to me. He was quiet for a moment, then said in a worried tone, "Are you okay now?"

I glanced at him, then said, "Nothing is fine. I am not fine either."

Jungkook must have sensed my pain. So, he looked down and remained silent.

I let out a sigh and looked at Jungkook. Then with a painful smile, I said, "Jungkook, can you answer me a question?"

"What is that?" he asked, confused.

"Why does this happen to me? Why does everyone leave me? First you, then my parents, and now....." I struggled to hold back my tears.

"When you rejected me and my parents threatened me to kill this innocent unborn child of mine, Mrs. Jung stood as a shadow over our heads without any greed for profit. She was the person I could rely on with my eyes closed. And today I am alone again. I have no one by my side," I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

Jungkook lowered his head. I don't know what feelings are in his eyes. But suddenly he hugged me and shoving my head in his chest. I didn't have the energy to reject him. So, I silently supported this tentative embrace.

"I will be, Y/N....by your side....for the rest of my life," he whispered in my ear.

I don't know if it is true or false but I found peace in his words. I felt the fear disappear..... from my heart.

● ● ●

Jungkook gave me a week off from office without any question for Mrs.Jung's funeral. But the most surprising thing is that he was by my side all this time. He did not leave me alone for a moment but gave me courage.

Not just by my side, he also helped me take care of Junho. He did most of everything from cooking Junho's meals to feeding him. I just smiled at this. He would have been a good father to Junho if we hadn't had a misunderstanding.

"You leave it. I'll feed him," I said, stopping him by holding his hand.

"I can."

"Rest now," I tried to sound demanding and he obeyed me.

He went and sat on the couch next to Junho. "Pappa..." Junho said trying to get up on his lap.

Within a few days of being with him, Junho started liking him. Now whenever he sees him, he wants to approach him, smiling at him. Even addresses him as papa. I don't know where he learned it. Jungkook must have taught him. But I'm not complaining about it. I am happy with it.

"Junho, come here. It's time to eat," I sat down on the couch with a bowl of squashed puree.

But Junho mischievously hid behind Jungkook and giggled. I tried to catch him but couldn't because of Jungkook's huge body. I placed the bowl on the tea-table and went to grab him with both hands but he kept slipping away.

Trying to catch Junho, I didn't notice I was sitting on top of Jungkook. But he didn't complain or move.

I was moving on him but he sat like a statue. I realized it suddenly. So I looked down and asked, "Are you okay? I'm sorry. I...."

I tried to get off him but he stopped me by holding my waist. I looked at him in surprise and he faced me. Then he whispered, "You are messing, Y/N."

"Huh...?" His little words made my heart flutter. I got nervous and felt a cramp in my stomach. I pressed my both legs together & bit my lips.

He smirked at me and said, "I want to eat."

His gaze was directly on my lips giving me a signal. I understood what he was saying but acted like I didn't understand anything.

"You mean?" I said in a low voice.

"You know....what I mean."

He was slowly bringing his lips to mine. Suddenly, a mischievous idea came to my mind. I took the spoon from the bowl of Smashed Puree and put it in his mouth.

He looked at me in surprise. I looked at his face and tried to hold back my laugh. Then I said in an innocent voice, "You wanted to eat."

He had a look of disappointment on his face. Then he licked the spoon clean and said, "It is delicious to eat."

I shook my head. His childish behavior never gone.

-------------End of EP 19------------

13/04/2024
Saturday
01:25 PM