◈20◈

I came to the office after a long time. It feels good to be here today. Everyone wants to skip the office because they have other ways to pass the time but when I take leave, I am bored at home alone. Moreover, if I am at work, I am worry free.

As soon as I stepped into the office everyone looked at me as if they had seen a ghost. They were looking at me strangely and whispering. Some of their words came to my ear.

"I can't believe it. She poses to be quite simple & innocent, but inside she's so..."

"That's why, the boss accepted her idea that day."

"She is characterless as I thought. She wears a mask of innocence."

What are they saying? I have no doubt that they are telling me these things. But... why? What I have done? I was so confused.

I was drowning in my own thoughts with fear in my mind. As a result, I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw it was Jack. I smiled at him and said, "Hi!"

He stared at me for a while but didn't say anything. Then he kind of rolled himself up and walked past me. I stared at him going in surprise.

When I went to my floor, situation there is the same. The whole office is condemning me. Seeing this, tears came to my eyes. I held back my tears and went to the washroom. I went there and met Karina and Ningning. I hoped they wouldn't ignore me.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Ningning asked in a worried tone.

I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I burst into tears, saying, "What's going on? Why is everyone looking at me with contemptuous eyes?"

Karina and Ningning looked at each other as if they understood the situation. Karina said with narrowed eyes, "Where have you been all this time? Didn't you check the office chat?"

Our office has a group chat for all employees. Here are almost all the employees added except Jungkook. It is made for us to gossip, exchange favors and spend free time. I am also added here but I haven't checked the chat these few days because of busyness.

"No," I said taking a quick breath.

Karina took out her mobile and showed me a picture. A thunderbolt hit my head. I shivered and leaned against the wall.

This picture was of Jungkook and me kissing that night. It was posted in the group chat. And the caption was 'Stole one's boyfriend & slept with him for promotion.....Wow'. Now I feel really ashamed. Now how shall I explain it?

"Who did it?"

"Yunjin."

● ● ●

"Can I come in?" I knocked on Yunjin's cabin door.

She has a separate cabin. She joined here two months before me. But I don't know how she got so much promotion. After all, she is Jungkook's girlfriend.

"Yes, come in," she had a smirk on her lips as if everything was going according to plan.

"So, Y/N....I guess you don't work in my department," she said dismissively.

"No. I want to talk about something else," I bit my bottom lip.

"Ah.....have you come here to wash away your sins?" she raised an eyebrow of his own.

"Why did you do that?" I asked directly.

"Ah-hah....want your question answered?" she stood in front of me leaning on her desk.

"Yes."

She approached me and whispered, "After office hours on the 10th floor."

● ● ●

The 10th floor is yet to be opened. There is no electricity and water connection, just completed construction. Many say there are ghosts there. So, they don't go to that floor out of fear. This is a rumour, though.

But I'm scared for another reason. Why did Yunjin call me to that floor? And why at the end of office hours? No one is in the office now. Although I was very scared, I gathered all my courage and went up. I need answers to my questions.

I didn't say anything to Jungkook about it. What should I say to him? She is his girlfriend. He should know this. If I were in Yunjin's place, I would be upset about it too. But Jungkook is sometimes with her, sometimes with me.....what does he really want to do? On the one hand, he is dating Yunjin & on the other hand, he is giving me hope. I have to clear this today.

I entered in room 304 and saw Yunjin. She smirked at me and said, "Wow....I see you really came?"

"I didn't do anything wrong. So, I'm not afraid," I said in a calm voice.

"Yes, I can see that."

Then she glared at me and said, "How does it feel to sleep with someone else's boyfriend?"

"You have misunderstood. Nothing like that happened," I snapped.

"Well...let's get the truth out of your mouth," she smirked.

I soon heard footsteps behind me. I looked back and saw some eye masked girls standing with cane sticks in their hands. One of them closed the door. I was frightened after seeing this. I looked at Yunjin and said, "What are you doing?"

Yunjin took a cane stick in his hand and said, "I ventured to give you what you deserve, honey...."

-------------End of EP 20--------------

14/04/2024
Sunday
12:35 PM