Chapter 3

...

WIN

It's currently Sunday morning, 9 AM.
I'm enjoying a delicious breakfast while listening to my favorite music artist, Bright Vachirawit.

But that's when my thoughts wander to the strange incident that occurred during my night shift last night.

Some patient claimed they've known me for ages.
As I ponder this again, I can't help but dwell on the mystery.

The vivid imagery of morning sunshine through the window adds to the intrigue. The warm tones of the breakfast room evoke a sense of calmness.

But something is just not right.

As the patient informed me, I quickly dialed my sister, Love.

Her bright and cheerful disposition was evident as soon as she answered the call.

"Love! How have you been?" I began our conversation.
She laughed, "Everything's fine. Why are you calling? It's creeping me out, you never call me." She inquired.

"I just had a question," I responded.

"Do you know this person named Perth and his friends? He had mentioned knowing us."

Her tone immediately shifted to serious.

"..Huh?..no. Uh..Who are they?" She asked, her voice laden with concern, but suspicious tone at the same time.

"He told me that I am his friend from college and that we used to be enemies but then became friends."

"Win... Um.. Just ignore him, okay? He's.. Talking nonsense."

"Alright I will. Thanks."

"Mhm.. See you."

"Bye-bye."

And with that I hang up.

The patient just confused me with someone else. That's all. I shouldn't take this too seriously.

With a grocery list in hand, I headed towards the nearby convenience store.

Everything looked fairly normal, but for some reason, Jimmy was walking towards the same store.

I swiftly went over to greet him.

The vibrant colors of the store sign drew my gaze as I walked under the shade of trees, their foliage rustling gently in the wind.

An unusual sense of unease swept through me as I noticed Jimmy was headed in the same direction.

The chill in the air heightened my awareness as I approached him.

"Jimmy, hey!!" I greeted.

"Win, long time no see, my bro! "

"Dude we saw each other yesterday."

"Oh yeah I forgot."

I smacked him and we both burst out laughing.

"What are you up to?" I asked after we calmed our selves down.

"Just craving some sugar. "

I nodded.

"So how is the patient Perth doing?" His sudden and unexpected question about Perth made me confused.

"No idea. I have day off today."
"Reasonable."

"Why are you asking?"
"Uh, I don't know my self."

"Okay.."