Chapter 4

WIN

My eyes locked on the colorful billboard hanging on the window of the store.

"BRIGHT VACHIRAWIT CONCERT THIS YEAR ON 2.5.2023," it declared excitedly.

I couldn't believe my favorite artist was performing in this neighborhood.

Taking a snapshot of the poster, I raced home eager to book my ticket.

As soon as I reached my home, I immediately logged in the website to secure my seat.

There was no way I was going to miss this opportunity to see my favorite artist.

Another quiet day at the hospital greeted me on my shift.
My task list included the usual checks on patients.
Then I came across room 324.
Something unusual was happening there. When I stepped inside, everyone was taken aback as I they just saw a ghost.

On the bed was Perth with his seven guests.

"See! I told you guys!" he proclaimed triumphantly.

The tense atmosphere permeated the room, as if something big had just occurred.
There was no doubt, it was going to be a day to remember.

Win? Shouldn't you be in another country?" The guy sitting next to Perth said.

"Excuse me?"

"Your parents told us you moved to United States." The same guy explained.

"Wait, wait. I'm really confused. How come you guys all know about me? I've never met you guys in my life. "

Confused by their familiarity, I stare at them for a moment before responding,

"I'm sorry...? Shouldn't you be in another country?" The guy sitting next to Perth said.

"Yes, your parents said you migrated to the United States," explains the same guy.
"We thought you'd still remember us since we've been long-time friends," he adds.

"Wait, wait, hold on," I protest.

"What's going on here? I've never met any of you, so how are you all aware of my existence? Do you have any evidence of being my so called friends?"

"Are joking or? I'm Chimon, that's Phuwin and Satang is the one that's next to Winny." He pointed with his index finger.  "Do you really not remember us? We've been friends for like seven years."

That Winny guy looked as if he was done with me. He took his phone out of his phone from his pocket and showed mhis photo that made me dumbfounded.

It was a selfie of me and them in the famous Aqua Park in Bangkok. What the heck?

As I struggle to grasp the strange situation, all the conflicting information is starting to feel extremely overwhelming.

I begin to feel dizzy, unable to absorb any new information at this point.

I was getting some flashbacks with them.

With people I thought I've never met before.

"Huh? Win, are you okay?"

These are the last words I've heard from Chimon before I fell on the ground.