Chapter 8 [End]

As the other guard returned with Bright, I noticed his eyes widening the moment our gazes locked.

"Win?!" he exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah..Um..that's me" I affirmed awkwardly.

A brief period of awkward silence ensued before he inquired,
"Why are you here?"

"I want to talk to you about something," I responded, refusing to disclose the actual purpose of my presence.

Bright nodded at the guards and they immediately left.

Catching his wrist, I led him to a quaint park, where we sprawled out on the verdant grass and gazed at the glittering stars.

The peaceful night provided a perfect backdrop for our intimate conversation.

"How come you remember me, Win?" he asked.

Without missing a beat, I responded,
"I'll tell you the reason."

I slowly turned my head to face him, our gazes locking in an intense stare.

A hush filled the air, as though everything around us had stopped to watch this touching moment.

"Wow this is giving me deja vu." Bright told.

I couldn't help but smile.

"Let me start then... Well so, your so called friend Perth had an car accident, and I was the doctor that did his operation and took care of him. He was acting kind of weird.. He was telling me some unbelievable stuff. I thought his mind just wasn't fully functional at first, but that all changed when I got flashbacks of you and the other together. Well I fainted and woke up to my parents arguing with the guys. Turns out my parents are keeping a secret from my past. My friend Jimmy told me that you know what had really happened to me, so here I am."

Bright turned his head to the sky, but after couple of seconds he turned to me again.

"Win. The truth is, that time when we broke up, it was raining hard. The next day you became sick, with no one by your side, you tried your best to go to hospital by yourself, the twist is, that you didn't succeed. You were theoretically getting dizzy and passed out. You hit your head hard on the floor,"

He continued:

"Well, your mother was the first to found you laying unconscious. She immediately called the ambulance, you were rushed to the operating room, because if you didn't get the surgery fast, they were even chances of death,"

He started tearing up..

"And.. Um.. The surgery was successful, but you forgot about a lot of things. Your parents thought that it would be best to give you another life and act as if something like this had never happened. They made you move to America and study medicine there. They lied to your and my friends about the fact that you are the one that wanted to leave because of them..... So yeah that's the truth."

All the memories has started to appear in my mind again.

"Bright.. I... I'm starting to remember now!!"

A great tremor overtook Bright. Tears raced down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry for being foolish, Win. I loved you and still do.. "

I cupped his cheeks.

"Bright, let's start over then."

"I love you Win."
"I love you too, Bright."

He pressed his lips against mine.
This is the feeling I had missed all the time.
The feeling I have been craving for w long time.

The feeling of his soft lips.