Chapter 2

Two months has passed since that day, nothing has changed I'm still job hunting, today I woke up very tired kodwa nje I've been tired these days.

Me : "good morning Gogo"
Granny : "Ay bandla we Nandi impela ilanga seloze lingene endunu"
Me: "Ey gogo I'm so tired, UYazi nawe I usually wake up on time"
Granny : "mmmh!!" she says that shaking her head
Me : "Haw gogo ikephi inkinga? "
Granny : "Lutho Nandi, hamba uyo clean I gceke" eish kambe there is that. I go outside and clean the yard, when I finish I boil water to bath, I get to my room I pour water in the basin, I take of my clothes when I'm about to  bath granny Badges in my room.

Granny : "We Nandi bengith..." she didn't finish her sentence wavele wathwala izandla ekhanda, before I can even ask what wrong
Granny : "Nandi!! Umithi!!" I stop what I'm doing looking at her
Me : "aibo gogo ukthathaph lokho okshoyo, I'm not pregnant, I don't even have a boyfriend" .
Granny : "angikubuzi Nandi ngyakutshela ngyawabona phela amabele" I look my self and angiboni lutho Mina sengishawa uvalo phela
Granny : "Nandi umuthiswe ubani?"
Me : "aibo gogo angikhulelwe mina" I'm just saying but I won't lie I'm scared now and my mind just takes me back 2 months back with that stranger.

Granny : Nandi I'm asking who did this to you? I just cry because if u gogo is saying I'm pregnant that's means it true akashayi eceleni kulezinto.
Granny : "ay khuluma man!! Umithiswe uban Nandi" she's shouting lapho angazi ngzophendula ngithini.

How do I tell my grandmother that I slept with a stranger while I was drunk and I don't even remember anything from that night, my mind is racing how can I be this stupid and reckless I should've went to the clinic that day when I saw that I slept with someone, if I'm indeed pregnant what will I do I'm not even working I live of granny's pension, I'm over thinking everything, I can't even hear granny talking.
Granny : "Nandi phendula Maan, how can you be so reckless knowing our situation tell me" I just sit down not knowing what to tell her I'm a crying mess.
Me: "I'm sorry gogo kwabayiphutha, it happened the time I went out with Thandi" I just have to tell her the truth
Me : "that day we were having so much fun no Thandi we got so drunk that I didn't know what happened next thing I know I woke up e hotel I was alone there but I could tell something happened "
Granny : "Nandi you mean to tell me you don't know the person you slept with, ubekuph u Thandi uze uphaphama e hotel nje" I can tell she's so disappointed in me
Me: uthandi uthi she looked for me everywhere she couldn't find me, the time she last saw me I was dancing with some guy, I think he is the one I went to the hotel with, Thandi was also drunk so I can't really blame her.

Granny : "I'm so disappointed in you Nandi how can you drink like that izwe lonakele, kwimanje awazi noma kunezifo ozitholile, uzoyondla ngan leyongane ungasebenzi" that's all I'm thinking about I can't have this child how will his/her life be like.
Me : "can I just go to the clinic gogo just so I can confirm"
Granny : " kulungile hamba, but just know you pregnant I'm never wrong" it true u gogo mekewathi umuntu ukhulelwe kuhlezi kuyiqiniso, she walk out of my room, I finished bathing, I go to the kitchen to make us breakfast but I know I won't be able to stomach anything I just need to get to the clinic as in yesterday.
After making gogo a breakfast I just take one slice of bread and go to my room to take my bag so I can go to the clinic, I'll eat when I come back.
Me: "gogo Ngisaya e clinic ngizokubona ngibuya"

On my way to the clinic, I take out my phone and WhatsApp Thandi, we've been talking more since we went out.

Me: "Hey Matha, unjan?" lastseen wakhe was yesterday I think she's in class I'll just leave this message, the tax drop me off by the clinic, I walk inside I go to the receptionist.

Me: "Hi, sis"

Rec: "Hey, how can I help you?"

Me : "I'm here to do a pregnancy test and I'm not sure where do I go" she write me a card asking for my information, then she tells me which room do I go to, I thank her and proceed to the room I find 2 ladies outside I ask them if they are going to the same room they say yes, so I just sit down. When it my turn I find a male nurse inside.
Nurse: "Hi sisi, how are you?"
Me: "I'm good" Im so nervous I don't even ask him, I think he can see that because he tells me to relax, he takes my card and gives me the container to pee in
Nurse: "take this and go pee" I do as I told, praying that what my granny said is not true, I don't know what would I do.
When I get back, he take the stick and put it inside we wait, he is busy asking me questions I think he's trying to take my mind of this but it not working, 5 minutes passed he take the stick and he looks at it and look at me, I just know that I'm dead!!