Chapter - 22

Sooji's POV

After the talk with Yewon,I continue texting with Sooha when she tells me that she need to get to bed,I told her a good night and also went back to our room.

i just finished my routine and get changed
,"What should we do?" Yerim asked,"Shall
we go to sleep?" JaEun asked quietly
,JaEhyung and Yerim looking over to Yurim who was no her phone.

"Let's go to sleep"I said as I turned around trying to runaway,"Wowowowowow, Already?"Jaehyung pulled me back,"Shall we watch a movie?A thriller?"Yerim asked,
"I'm in,and order fried chicken." JaEhyung said.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiii.....Are you possessed by an evil spirit?Having chicken at night is evil."Yerim smiled,she's on a diet."How about a sald?"
She looked at us, JaEun and Yurim turned away from her,Jaehyung give her a 😑.I give up,I'm off,I tried to leave Jaehyung pulled me back again.

"Okay,A chicken breast salad."Yerim patted her thigh,me and Jaehyung sighed.We argued and at the end, we just ordered regular fried chicken.

Then we started watching the thriller movie,we put a mat and sit in a line,Yurim, Jaehyung,JaEun,me and Yerim.

I shocking scene happened and Yerim and Jaehyung screamed,I felt Yerim's grip on me,I wish Sooha was here.

Suddenly a doorbell rang as Jaehyung and Yerim screamed we fell to the ground backwards."Ahh~~JaEun can you go check?" Jaehyung whined as we get back up and JaEun get the door.

"Gosh,I thought I was going to need a heart defibrillator."
"It was crazy."
"Who was it?"
"Gosh, seriously"
"That was crazy"

We saw JaEun get in with Sinye and SungAh
"What's that?"Jaehyung asked,"Sweet and spicy chicken.Here."Sungah offered,"Gosh,
I can't say no to sweet-spicy and regular fried chicken."Yerim said defeated.

"Today is a cheat day,come on in." She smiled at them."Let's eat"Jaehyung said,"Come in." She added.

We put the chickens in a line and was about to eat when the doorbell ringed again,"Who could it be?" I wondered,"I'll check" Jaehyung stand up and goes to the door.

"Oh,Sooha-yah,I thought you'd be asleep.
"she said,I looked over to the name,"Don't look,you're making it obvious."Yerim whispered.

Then I decided to go to the door, "Hey,Sooji
"Sooha smiled at me as I smiled back,"Can I stay over?"she asked,"Ofc course why not?"
I pulled her inside,"But wouldn't your-""I'll go back early."Sooha cutted Jaehyung,"I missed you"she smiled at me,"I miss you too"I smiled back.She leaned in to gave me a quick peck.

Then we realise Jaehyung was with us,we looked over at her and saw her smiling cheekily,"Don't you dare?" Sooha dared,"
I'll zip up."Jaehyung quickly said.

"Guys we have a guest"Jaehyung said as the 3 of us walked to the door,"Hey,Sooha,
we were just about to eat,come join!"Yerim
smiled,"Chicken?At night?That's evil."
Sooha commented."I know right.They insisted."Yerim said referring to me and Jaehyung.

"Gosh,You celebrities have no taste at food.
"I said,then got hit in the arm by Sooha
,"Sorry"I quickly said,"Is that spicy chicken?
"She asked,"Oh,yes.This is sweet,spicy and regular fried chicken." Sinye told her.

"Gosh,I can't say no to that.I'll just cheat tonight." Sooha said as she sit next to JaEun and started eating,she looked so cute while eating."Sooji,come sit here
."Sooha said and I sit next to her.

Then I suddenly remembered the file,I can't stop thinking about it.I may be thinking too much,that I don't know what I was doing
."Are we making you uncomfortable?"
Sinye asked and that snapped be back to reality,"No why?" I asked,"I was just asking
,you seem unhappy."Sinye said,"Right,
Sooji.Are you feeling okay?You've been down all day "Jaehyung said while chewing the chicken.

I remember almost deleting the file,"You see,I have been wanting to talk to you."
Sinye speak again,"When you said you wanted to get rid of the game,you were so cool."she told me,I looked at her.

"I'm sorry,Sooji-ya.For neglecting you at first."Sungah apologized,I felt sad all of a sudden when I felt Sooha's grip on me,I looked at her to see her smiling softly at me,that make me feel at ease.

"Do you wanna have some cake?We have some leftover birthday cake."JaEun tried ot lift the mood,"Sure,Sounds good."Sungah said."I'll go get it."I volunteered and leave.

Sooha's POV

While we were in the restroom we heard someone's phone ringing,Cho Yurim came
inside and give JaEun her phone,It was a call from her mother,JaEun said her mom waiting waiting at the ground floor and leave.

"Why now?At this late?" Jaehyung asked confused,I counted and remember something,"That bitch!" I muttered and ran out of the room,I heard the others call but I ignored.

I followed JaEun to the ground floor and find her mother hugging her,then I saw Baek Harin,I knew she has something to do with JaEun mom suddenly coming.

"Are you well?SoEun said I should see you even if its brief sunce you were in Busan."
Mrs.Myoung said,"So you're in the same class at the same school,how come I only hear this now!?Se was your closest friend."
She continued.

"Here, Strawberries.Have them with your friends,they are much sweeter and tangier than last year's."she give the strawberries to JaEun

"It would be nice to give it to your homeroom teacher as well"Mrs.Myoung continued,"But I didn't want to cause trouble to you girls for coming to see me.
I'll get going."she said."You girls should go inside,okay?"she said to JaEun and Harin.

Harin approached her,"Ma'am,we should meet often."Harin smiled as Mr.Myoung smiled back."JaEun-ah!!" I called and come down,"Oh...Harin,I didn't expect to see you here." I fake smiled.

"Sooha?"Harin got confused,"I can't sleep so I was just walking around,what are you doing here?" I asked,"Who is this?Is this your friend?" Mrs.Myoung asked,"Oh yes,this is my friend Sooha" JaEun introduced,"And Sooha,this is my mom."

"Hi,dear.It is good to see you" Mrs Myoung approached me,"Hi,Ma'am.I'm Sooha,Hong Sooha"I bowed to her."Is ny daughter a great friend?"she asked,"Yes she is." I smiled."That's good to hear."she smiled.

"Wait, aren't you a model?"she suddenly asked,"Oh...yeah I was the model for VOGUE magazine cover and Cologram makeup" I said,"I knew I see your photo at a market before.You are even prettier in real life."she complimented.

"Oh thank you "I replied,we get along well.I
saw Harin's face about to burst,my favourite thing to see,keke."Oh right,I should go now." She said,"It was nice meeting you."she smiled at me again.

"Have a good night"I bowed to her and she went to her car,JaEun,me and Harin waving as she leaves.

Just as she leaves,Harin slapped the strawberries from JaEun's hand and stepped on them."Friends?"she looked at JaEun,"You heard her,right?"she asked,
"SoEun is your closest friend, that's why you jumped into the water when no one else did." She said."You didn't even hesitate."She looked at me and then back to JaEun.

"That friendship of yours,make me want to kill you even more."she clenched  her teeth.
"SoEun"JaEun muttered,"You hypocrite."I
glared at her,"Will you just stop?"I said to her.

"You stay out of this.I don't think your parents would like to hear about you breaking out at this late." She looked at me,
"Tell them, Grandma's probably awake as well."I said,she clenched her teeth and then turned back to JaEun.

"If you don't want your mother to find out about your secret,should I tell them about your mom?"she said."For your information,
Sing Sooji betrayed you to protect her dad,
Sooha you also knew about it."She looked at me.I just rolled my eyes.

"What about you?" She looked at JaEun,
"Would you do the same for your mom?"
She asked,"Betray your friends" Harin kept on telling her.

"That's enough,JaEun go back to your room.I'll handle everything." I told JaEun.
"Quickly,go!"I pushed her and she finally leave.

"What are you doing?"Harin turned to me,
"Stay out of it."I told her,"And stop blackmailing people." I told her, "Stop protecting them.For him."she told me.

I smirked to myself but act as if I care,"Stop bothering them,For your future"I told her,
"Mark my words,Yang SoEun.Meddle in my business,and I will make your life worse than hell itself."I whispered to her and leave.