◈23◈

"I still can't believe it's you. I mean all of a sudden..." I said putting the tea on the table.

"Everything in life happens suddenly," he remarked with his sunshine smile.

"That is right. But you didn't tell me anything. How are Uncle and Aunt and Ji-Woo?"

"Everyone is fine. I wanted to see you, so I came," he said, sipping his tea.

"Wouldn't it be the best headline of the week, missing a friend and suddenly flying from abroad to home?" I said with a cheerful smile.

"Yes," he smiled but there was something else hidden behind his smile that I didn't understand.

He has changed a lot. His hair style, clothes style and also his talking style. He has become much smarter than before.

"You've changed a lot," I said looking at him.

He looked back at me and said, "Like what?"

"A lot," I hummed.

"Is it bad?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No...much better."

"Stop talking about me now. You talk about yourself. How are you?"

I sighed and said, "I am still your familiar fool and bull, whom a man has managed to make a fool of again."

"Tell me what happened," he turned serious now.

I told him everything. Although he moved abroad to his parents after graduation, I was always in touch with him. He knows everything about me, Jungkook's lies and Junho. But I have not been in touch with him for the past few months.

"That bastard....Why did you even gave him a chance?" he said in a angry tone.

"I didn't know...." I sobbed.

"It's okay. I am here now. I promise no one can hurt you. I won't let that," he put his hand over mine. I put my other hand on his & nodded with a smile.

"You look quite brave like a hulk. You are totally changed, I swear," I giggle.

"I am changed in another one way, wanna know?"

"What is it?"

"I am not a gay anymore."

● ● ●

[Jungkook POV]

It's like Y/N took everything out of my life along with her. My sleep, appetite, intelligence, attention.....everything. Being without her is like a torment that never leaves me.

But I must admit that Yunjin is a great player.

[Flashback]

I waited for my car outside the office. Y/N told me she will leave earlier today, she has some urgent work at home. So I was about to go home too but I was surprised to hear Junho crying. Junho is here, that means Y/N.....

I went to the 'Kids Play Zone' and picked him up and said to the Nanny, "Where is Miss Y/N?"

"She told me to wait ten minutes, she has some work to do."

"Did she go out?"

"No, sir. She went back into the building."

Now I am confused. She told me she had gone home but she is still in the office. Her work was done too, then?

I decided to check the matter. So I gave Junho to the nanny & took the initiative to go to the office. But out of nowhere I met Yunjin at the gate. She was coming out of the building. What is she still doing here?

She was quite surprised to see me but somehow managed her expression. She said with her usual hørny smile, "Babe, am I dreaming? Were you waiting for me? Are you going to take me to dinner. I am so-"

"Stop it now. What were you doing here?" I asked with a suspicious look.

"Me? Oh...I..uh...uh- I-I forgot my keys at my table. So, I went to take it," she weirdly smiled which made me more suspicious.

I don't know why but I had a feeling that she was lying. She was stuttering like a criminal does after getting caught. But why would she lie about nothing though? Then suddenly my eyes fell on her hand where was dry blood.

I pulled her hand to me & said, "Why do you have blood in your hand?"

"A-actually.....I cut my hands accidentally..." she was now afraid.

I don't believe her. There is no cut on her hands & the blood is dry. It is definitely someone else's blood. Wait.....Y/N.

I pushed her aside harshly & ran to Y/N's floor but she was not there. I, then, checked Yunjin's floor, bathroom, kitchen, everywhere but couldn't find her. God, what did she do to her?

I then remembered about the 10th floor. It wasn't open for the workers. Could she be there? I ran to there without any second thought. I checked all the rooms & found her in the room 304. The door had padlock from outside.

She was senseless. I called her continuously but she didn't respond nor moved. I got a bad feeling in my heart but I quickly pushed it away. I, then, broke the door pushing it with my body.

She was beat to death. I quickly picked her up in bridal style & took her to my car. Yunjin was gone by then. I won't let that b!tch go away so easily. But for now all I have to worry about is Y/N.

I went to take Junho & the nanny was looking at me with wide eyes. I guess she witnessed everything. I said to her with a sigh, "I would like you to keep quite if you want to keep this job."

I know she will never shut up unless threatened. Just by looking at her facial expressions, it is clear that she will start talking about it with everyone just after sunrise. The work of these people is to spread rumors and slander even though it does not benefit them. I don't know, for what pleasure they do it.

[End of Flashback]

--------------End of EP 23--------------

15/04/2024
Monday
12:32 PM