chapter six

Madison POV:

It made me happy to see all of my favorite people getting along so well, especially Paige and Kaleigh. I could tell by the look in both of their eyes that there may have been something between them but I would have to wait to ask them later. After we finished eating we all decided to go back to Paige and Nika's place.

Once me and Nika got in the car I turned to Nika and asked, "You noticed the vibe between them right?"

She turned to me with a glimmer in her eye saying, "OH MY GOD! I was kicking P the whole time!"

"She was wearing Paige's jacket, babe. Did you see?"

"Oh my God! I didn't even notice that," Nika says, sounding shocked.

"There's no way that nothing will not happen," I said, "Sorry, I don't know if that was English."

"It's okay, babe. I'm not English," Nika responded purposely, making her Croatian accent very prominent.

We both laughed before I started the car and drove away. Nika played the playlist that we made together. She makes me so happy. Once we got to her house, I opened her door and grabbed her hand. We walked in to see Paige and Kaleigh already on the couch and Paige was putting a blanket over both of them.

"You comfortable?" I hear Paige ask, as her back is turned towards us, not knowing she had company.

"Oh, heyyy," Kaleigh says, almost embarrassed. Paige turns around very fast and looks shocked. Her face has turned white as a ghost.

Nika and I held in our laughter and sat down on the other side of the couch. I grabbed the remote and put on some random cooking show. No matter what we picked, it wouldn't matter since we would be talking over it the entire time.

"HEY GIRLY POPS!" KK ran up the stairs almost falling over, screaming. Then she did her signature BOW BOW BOW dance, "Girl, boo. Who is this?" KK asks while pointing towards Kaleigh.

"Kaleigh, she's my friend from home who goes to Iowa. She came to visit for the long weekend," Madison explains to the clueless freshman.

"Yes, yes, yes! I remember you telling me about her," KK remembers suddenly, "So, do you like Iowa? I used to play with a bunch of those girls, how's Kate?"

"Enough with the questions, let her breathe," Paige says while putting her arm around Kaleigh.

"Nah, it's fine. We're going through a rough patch at the moment but the rest of the team is great," Kaleigh said, trying to rush past the part about Kate. I noticed that Paige got very tense whenever Iowa got brought up, even earlier at Panera. I plan to ask her about it later, but she might want to make it less obvious. She literally rolled her eyes when the name Kate was spoken.

KK nodded in response to Kaleigh's answer while walking over to sit in the gap between me and Paige. Once she sat down, we all went quiet either focusing on our phone or the TV. I turned to look at KK because she was speaking quietly to herself. She was on TikTok live.

"Thank you for the roses! Thank you for the roses!" KK said very excitedly.

"What the fuck are you doing, KK?" Paige asked, sounding annoyed.

"You wanna say hi?" KK asked while getting up and sitting on top of Paige, forcing her to be on camera. This also made Kaleigh visible which later fans would speculate about.

Paige pushes the phone away trying to make sure that Kaleigh wasn't seen. She didn't want anyone speculating about her sexuality or if she was in a relationship. In the back of the live you can hear Kaleigh whisper, "Paige, it's okay. I'm not afraid of being seen." This made Paige laugh. KK ended the live shortly after.

Kaleigh POV:

After KK ended the live, we all got to talk to each other. We were all going back and forth trying to get to know each other. While this was happening, Paige had her arm around me the entire time. During this conversation something about the game had come up and Paige began to go on a tangent about one of the calls made earlier that night. I didn't understand everything she was saying but I was mesmerized by the way she spoke. She knew exactly what she wanted to say and was so passionate about it. It was honestly really hot.

The whole night, I watched her in awe. She was stunning. Her blonde hair was pulled back with her signature braids and a slick back ponytail. She was wearing gray UConn sweatpants and a navy blue UConn hoodie. I kept thinking about how much I wanted to take that sweatshirt for myself. I couldn't get over the way she spoke, I didn't know how to describe it but her voice was so hot. She could talk about anything and I would give her my total and complete attention.

"Kaleigh!" Madison called, which snapped me out of my daze, "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, why?" I responded, confused.

"I don't know, maybe because I just said your name 10 times and you didn't hear me," Madison responded, sassy as always.

"It wasn't 10 it was like twice calming down," I responded. I felt a buzz from my phone. I looked down to see the one and only Kate Martin calling. I sat there and stared at the phone for a few seconds, "I'll be right back."

I walked outside to get fresh air. Why is she calling me? I haven't heard from her in weeks, why now? I took a deep breath as I pressed the green 'answer' button.

Crossover at Gampelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें