◈25◈

[Y/N POV]

I know I am late to reach office. Office hours have started 2 hours earlier. But who cares? I didn't even come here to work, but to free Jungkook with his girlfriend forever. He will surely be happy to know it.

When I entered the office, everyone started whispering about me again. I know it's hard for me to stay here. I need to get out of here as soon as possible after finishing what I came for.

On the way, I met Miss Lina. This time she didn't avoid me but smiled and said, "Welcome. Really good people get justice."

"I can't understand what you are saying," I asked, confused.

"Yunjin was handed over to the police by the boss. She wanted to frame you and the boss and get a large sum of money. That picture and the AI ​​voice were all lies, we realize now. I'm sorry for treating you badly."

I didn't understand what she was saying. I don't know anything about this. These are lies. The picture of us kissing was not fake, although it was not very clear because of the crowd and dim lighting. She obviously did wrong and should be punished. But to lay false accusations of wrongdoing on the wrongdoer seems ridiculous to me.

As I was about to leave, she said again, "One more thing…."

"Yes?"

“Your close friends Karina, Ningning and Jennie have also been detained by the police.”

●  ●  ●

[Jungkook POV]

After Yunjin left, peace seems to return to the office. Her presence seemed to blow the air of hell over the office, especially over me. Now no one bothers me every now & then.

But she succeeded in her purpose. She caused conflict between Y/N and me. That day Y/N's eyes clearly wrote that she hated me so much and I have no more chances in her life. She is not coming in the office for quite few day. I didn't dare to call her but I know she had already blocked my number.

I told her in anger and tension that I will file a court case for Junho's custody. But I never meant it. I was inclined & slipped it out. And now I regret it.

Suddenly, I got a phone call. I checked the caller ID & it was Namjoon hyung. I picked it up & said, "Hello?"

"Is everything alright, kook?" he asked worriedly.

"Yeah....?"

"I just got to know that you cased against Yunjin & she tried to frame you for stealing money?"

"Yeah, she did. But now she is rotting in jail," I scoffed.

"That is good. I was so worried."

"She left but messed up everything..."

"What did she do? Something serious?"

I explained him everything & he hummed. He said angrily, "she should get lifetime imprisonment."

"Yes......she told Y/N that I told her to beat her. Actually, she set up a great drama. She wanted to spread rumors tthat I was making one of my staffs $ex slave & also abused her. Then she will rob me off. Fu¢king b!tch!" I gritted my teeth in anger.

"You talked to Y/N after?"

"She made it clear to me that I can't have any contact with her and Junho," I felt a sudden pain in my chest.

"What did you reply?"

“I said…I will report in the court..... for Junho's custody & I also showed her the DNA test paper for prove,” I said in a low voice because I knew I was wrong.

"Are you out of your mind? How could you make such threats to her? Do you know how low-spirited it is to threaten a mother to take away her child? You shouldn’t have done it," he scolded me.

“I accidentally said that,”

I remembered Y/N's reply after I said that.

'The day you succeed in taking my child away from me, know that you have killed me with your own hands.'

"You should be careful—"

"But she should have trusted me," I said logically which I never understood before myself.

"You also had misunderstood her back then. It's nothing in comparison to that. Listen to me, not with anger or threats, get her back with....love."

Just then suddenly Y/N entered the room. I was a little surprised to see her but soon a smile appeared on my lips. She looked at me with an poker face but I just smiled at her like an idiot I am. Then I said on the phone, "I will call you later."

Now I gave her all my attention. I smiled at her and said, "Welcome. Without you the office as well as my mind was at a standstill. I have prepared this file for you. There is not much work in it. Just submit it before today's meeting at 12 o'clock."

I told her so much but she didn't say a word. I am a bit confused now. I saw a paper in her hand. She placed it on the table in front of me and said, "I am resigning, sir. Have a nice day."

No, I can't let her go. I can see her all the time when in office. Now I can't let her go because of a misunderstanding.

This simple matter sent a pang to my heart. I looked at the paper in my hand. Then as she was about to step out of the room, I smirked & said, "Who said you can leave your job if you resign?"

---------------End of EP 25---------------

A/N: Please vote dears💜

15/04/2024
Monday
11:43 PM