◈26◈

[Y/N POV]

What does he mean? Why can't I leave the job after resigning? I'm sure he's trying to trick me but I won't fall, not this time.

I turned to him and said, "I am resigning which means I am leaving this job, sir."

I tried to keep myself humble enough because I was in no mood to argue with him. But the proud smirk on his lips was making it unbearable. I want to wipe it away from his lips as well as him from my life.

He playfully sighed & said, "You should know the rules well. You have to inform me three months earlier to resign, madam."

I couldn't hide my surprise and said, "What?! Is this a kind of rental house where I have to inform the landlord three months before leaving? There is no such rule in any office."

"This is no other office, this is my office. And here my rules will apply. Besides, I just added this recently," he flipped through a random file for no reason.

"Since when?"

He thought for a moment and said, "Since now."

I laughed sarcastically & said, "Wow, is this kind of a joke?"

"It is...reality, miss Y/N. Now will you do your work or want a salary cut?" he smirked again at me.

I pressed my lips together & said, "Are you trying to take revenge on me? Didn't you have enough?"

"I don't take revenge. I am very kind," he pouted his lips making me more angry.

Taking a deep breath, I said, "Yes, is it an example of your kindness to send Karina and Ningning to jail for false accusations?"

"False accusations? You blindly believe people," he stood up from his seat, shaking his head.

"I have blindly trusted only you in my life and therefore I have been deceived twice," I crossed my hands over my chest.

He smiled and said, "Before I knew I was the only stubborn one and now I see you are the same. Those who beated you that day, never once you doubted them?"

I looked at him in confusion and said, "They would never do that. They are my good friends and well-wishers."

"You trust them and not me?" he raised an eyebrow.

He probably expected me to answer in the affirmative. But to his surprise, I said, "No."

He bit his inner cheek, "What should I do for you to trust me, Y/N?"

"I will never trust you," I said, maintaining my blank expression.

"You go to work," he sighed.

For the first time, I think I saw Jungkook giving up. I was happy inside but didn't show it outside. I am right and he is wrong, so he must give up. I let out a triumphant sigh and walked out with the file.

[Jungkook POV]

No matter how much I reasoned, Y/N wouldn't believe it. On disbelief, no argument applies. Just talking too much leads to quarrels. I have to think of something else.

I took Y/N's resigning letter in my hand. I smirked and tore it into pieces.

"Not three months, I will never let you leave me."

● ● ●

Due to continuous work, my shoulder started to hurt. I shrugged my shoulders and stood up. I stood in front of the door to find Y/N had packed all her things and was about to leave.

One thing I found out is that s doesn't bring Junho to the office anymore. That's why, I can't even see him. Does she keep him in another day care center or keep him at home? Junho is too little to be alone at home and Y/N has no one to keep him. Then?

While thinking about this, I saw her gone from the desk. She lefts the office everyday earlier than me. No, I'm surely going to drop her at home today at any cost and take this opportunity to see Junho as well. I can't stay away anymore.

I ran downstairs to find Y/N still not gone. I smiled seeing her standing outside the gate. I walked out of the gate & was about to say, "Y/N-"

I stopped in surprise. Y/N wasn't alone, she was accompanied by that guy named Hobi from the school. What is he doing here all of a sudden?

In his arms was Junho who was now sobbing. Y/N took Junho from his and tried to calm him down but he kept crying. I miss him a lot.

I looked at him and smiled and to my surprise, he stopped crying and smiled back.

"Pappa...." he giggled while stretching his arms at me.

I took a step toward him with affection but both Y/N & Hobi turned back to me. They both looked at me in surprise.

[Y/N POV]

"Pappa...."

I was so surprised to hear that. I felt my heart clench at him mentioning him as 'Papa'. Is it really him?

I turned around & saw him smiling at Junho. As I looked at him, he looked back at me. His eyes met mine for a moment making my heart beat faster but I moved my gaze away.

No, I can't let him near us again. Everything happens bad to me whenever he is near me. No, not at all.

"Let's go, Hobi," I said & got inside the cab.

Hobi was dumbfounded at my sudden action but quickly entered the cab. The driver started the engine.

"Papa....." he called him again but I hushed him.

"Y/N wait....." I heard Jungkook calling me in a weak voice but I ignored him.

I can't, Jungkook. I had enough. No matter how much I try to convince myself to stay away from you, I can't. I don't know why. Neither can I convince my heart, nor can I convince Junho.

I looked down at Junho who is crying. Unbeknownst to me, a drop of tear fell from my eyes. Hobi put his hand over mine & asked, "You okay?"

I know I am not okay but still I nodded. Who do I explain the burning of my heart?

--------------End of EP 26-------------

Author: Please vote if like the parts🥺💜

16/04/2024
Tuesday
01:05 PM