Chapter Nine: New job

So I made a playlist that matches the one Simone made for Buck. I was going to make a Spotify playlist but one of the artists is not on Spotify. I hope you enjoy it if you choose to listen to it! I hope you have a great rest of your day or night! 

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=OYc_CuEAu7w&si=oIkP0bzehu_H_OZa 

Last night was so fun. Chris and I made a great batch of brownies and watched a couple of movies. Since it was a school night we didn't get to do much before I had to put him to bed. When Eddie came home he offered to drive me to Buck's but I told him I would just take a Lyft home so that he could go to bed and not leave Christopher home alone.

"Simone, go take a shower and get ready we leave in 20 minutes."

"Where are we going don't you have work today?"

"I do and that's why you have 20 minutes to get ready. You're coming to work with me. Bobby said he wanted to talk to you about something, and before you ask he didn't tell me what."

"Okay, I'll go get ready. There's a cup of coffee for you on the counter and I left your plate of food in the microwave."

"I could get used to this." I laughed at him as I went towards the bathroom. He shouldn't get used to this since I'll have to leave again soon. I don't want Mike to hurt anyone else so I'll either have to run away again or just go back to him. Both seem like horrible options but I can't drag anyone else into my mess. 

"You ready?"

"Yeah." I had put my hair up into a high ponytail and put on a pair of black leggings with one of my favorite hoodies. If I was going to have to leave I was going to be comfortable. We went out to Buck's jeep and I put his playlist on shuffle. The first song to play was "World's Smallest Violin" by AJR. I was dancing in my seat while singing the lyrics. At this moment I was only thinking of the song. As the beat started to build I looked over to Buck who was smiling at me. "What?"

"You just look so happy."

"I mean how can you not be happy listening to this song? It's so great. You really need to listen to the playlist I made you its full of very good songs." As we kept driving I was singing along to the lyrics and dancing.

 "Sorry to have to end your concert but we are here." Buck was smiling as he spoke. He was glad that she was able to enjoy herself and realized how much music truly meant to her. He made a note to listen to the rest of the playlist when he had time. He liked the songs he got to listen to during the drive.

"Good morning Buck. Simone, you seem very happy this morning." Chimney greeted them as they walked into the fire station.

"I am in a great mood. You see music is a powerful thing and this morning I played the playlist I made for Buck and some of my favorite songs played."

"You should send me the playlist I want to hear the songs that have you in such a good mood."

"Fair warning not all of the songs are happy but most of them are."

"Good to know. Cap is in his office waiting on you two."

"Should I be scared?"

"No, you'll be ok he just wants to talk to you about something." Buck tried to reassure me but my anxiety was spiking. When your brain is wired to overthink every situation and every possible outcome anxiety is a given when someone "just wants to talk." We made it to Bobby's office and before I could knock Buck just walked in.

"Hey, cap what's up?"

"Why don't you guys sit down? Just let me finish this up real quick."

I sat down in one of the chairs across from Bobby's desk my leg bouncing as a way to ease my anxiety. I was fighting the urge to get up and start pacing when Bobby began talking to us.

Simone BuckleyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara