jeongin os 2 - his gaze

all these years who would've thought?

no, don't think like that.

sorry, i'm not addressing the situation.

let's start from the beginning.

grade school.

you were sitting around with your friends, awaiting for your teacher to begin whatever childish lesson was in mind that day when it was a bit delayed.

an unfamiliar figure made their way into the room with a nervous expression.

he was fidgeting with his fingers and as he found a seat, his foot tapped vigorously.

your teacher made him introduce himself in front of all of you, eyes practically burning holes into him.

his discomfort made you a bit disappointed.

being new isn't easy, let alone having the first thing you do include standing up in front of the class and telling them about yourself.

his name was jeongin.

he had two brothers.

and the other facts were a blur.

you were too distracted by how he seemed fidgety and uncomfortable, leading you to approach him after he sat down.

"hi jeongin."

you waved at him with a genuine smile.

he was a bit startled, turning to face you.

"uh... hello."

he awkwardly waved.

"i'm sorry you were forced to speak in front of everyone. you didn't seem to happy with that."

you sympathized, grabbing a chair and sitting with him.

"oh, am i really that obvious?"

jeongin hid his face a bit, embarrassed.

"no! i'm just attentive. i notice almost everything."

you shrugged, attempting to reassure him.

his lips curved up into a small smile.

it was like a silent symphony of happiness.

like his lips were a flower and your words were the sun.

they bloomed upward as you grazed your light to them.

"my name is y/n. i'll be here if you ever need someone to lift you up."

you then waved and returned to your original spot.

when you mingled with your peers, you felt his gaze locked onto you.

you noticed everything.

like you noticed his eyes tracing your soul with admiration and attentiveness.

and that was what stuck.

your friend had a small halloween get-together a few years later, inviting a few of his friends in the neighborhood to trade candy after trick-or-treating.

jeongin was there as well as his younger brother.

his brother tapped you on the shoulder, causing you to turn around.

"hey, did you know that my brother likes you?"

and that was just one of the many holidays in the neighborhood (did i mention that you both lived in the same neighborhood?) that he approached you, whether it was in front of him or behind his back, that you were informed that jeongin had liked you.

as much as he denied it himself, it remained.

his brother never dropped it.

although you pocketed that thought in the back of your mind, you never thought much of it.

come middle school, you had your own typical crushes and resisted sharing them with all of your friends.

there was this one guy, jisung, who you'd liked for a long time, just never could admit it because he was simply "out of your league."

it wasn't until sophomore year that you finally remembered.

jeongin was in your math class all through that year.

one moment that made you feel somewhat guilty, whether the "liking" accusation was true or not, was as follows,

a student you were friends with by the name of hyunjin approached you with a smile.

he was always nagging you to give him candy whenever you had it and used the following sentence,

"give me candy or you like felix. actually wait, give me candy or you like jeongin."

the thing about that, was that jeongin sat directly next to you assigned seat wise, but you didn't know how to react.

to felix you simply scrunched up your nose, but for jeongin you didn't know how to react.

you simply just gave hyunjin the candy and looked away.

you felt his gaze on you once more.

in your peripheral vision, you could see the previous smile he had on his face had vanished like the blink of a camera flash.

you felt a bit disappointed with yourself, but you didn't speak.

you didn't like him like he presumably liked you.

until that day.

you payed more attention to him than usual.

it was just an urge to speak to him.

it was most likely just a mood, but you couldn't get the need to talk to him out of your mind.

the seats in math had been rearranged and the two of you had been separated, but

his gaze.

you met his eyes, then looked away and smiled.

you laughed with the people in your group, and you felt his eyes on you.

you also weren't the type of person to drop a crush after a week, so you forced yourself to believe you still liked jisung, but the thought of jeongin lingered in the back of your mind.

you made a plan.

as soon as the dismissal bell rang, you'd find jeongin and speak to him one-on-one.

you needed to get the full story before you got yourself into a useless attempt with high school "romance."

——

so uh ...

this is based off of what i'm going through right now if you can believe it.

besides minor differences, this is my stage of confusion.

WHAT DO I DO ????

(btw the last part doesn't apply to me. no way in HELL am i approaching him and speaking to him abt this.)