13. 〃Chaos within us〃~

Suho's pov :

What was that? What the hell was that? What is she? A thug? robber? Or police? I don't know . I didn't know her. She ended up being someone I never knew even for a while. Her eyes that starred /( glared) at me said the same thing .

Nayeon's pov:

Did he lie to me? I am going to kill him.

As two more people wielded their guns , people started to panic , of course. It wasn't a pleasing sight to see. The café has always been busy attracting locals from all corners of the neighborhood seeking solace in a steaming cup of coffee.Whispered gossip dances through the open windows, adding to the lively atmosphere. Today was no different, it was the weekend, so it was filled with customers than usual. The only difference was the atmosphere.

One of the customers panicked and started screaming for help. Making the scenery messier than it already was. "Can't you all calm down? I am trying to help you all here, except these men in black clothes looking pathetic while smirking" Nayeon was loud with her intrusive thoughts, she looked at the armed men with disgust.

"Have you ever seen anyone being calm when people are pointing gun at each other?" Suho was in disbelief seeing her insensitivity.

"What the hell are you two? Another group of goons?" One of the men with the weapon asked annoyingly.

"Not me, but I can't say the same for her" as Suho uttered his answer , Nayeon wanted to point at him instead.

"Seriously? You give off the vibe of someone who's always ready to lend a hand, even if it means running errands or fetching cigarettes for the boss." The angered lady with a firearm scoffed at him making him roll his eyes.

"Enough of this lover quarrels. Step aside and let us do our work if you don't wish to get killed"

"Save these threats for your novels, I won't put up with your disgusting smirks" Nayeon continued to anger the group without planning to stop. That's when an important person stepped up. Finally.

"Enough! Why are you all here? Leave my customers alone, they did nothing wrong." Mr. Jae-Young, the owner of the café pleaded. His eyes were screaming these words "fear" & "guilt."

"Oh the main character finally decided to break his silent meditation " The head of the group laughed with his workers while Nayeon made a disgusted face looking at them. She definitely hated seeing them laughing or smirking.

"I am begging you, please leave right now! Your problem is me, not these customers. Either deal with me outside the café or let the customers leave " Mr. Jae-Young's concern for his customers were clearly visible on his face but people couldn't understand what he meant by their problem was him.

"Why did you step back then? Didn't you think of the consequences before betraying us?" The man pointed his gun at the café owner making everyone gasp for air.

"I could no longer betray my people. So I decided to betray you instead." Mr. Jae-Young finally looked at his eyes firmly, without fear.

"Everyone I have something to confess. " As Mr . Jae-Young gained everyone's attention, they all looked at him curiously while praying for their dear life.

"I , Yoon Jae-Young, this café owner has been betraying you all for a while" People were dumbfounded, they didn't get anything.

"I have been secretly dealing with a local gang, supplying them with a special blend of coffee laced with a potent drug. The café serves as the perfect cover for the gang's illicit activities, allowing them to distribute the drug discreetly."

As those words came out of his mouth, everyone was just silent. They didn't know if they heard right. But they didn't have any proper words to say. They didn't know how to react.

"Did you mix the drug in my coffee as well? I've started to be health conscious for the last 3 months, ain't no way you ruined my efforts"
These were the first question that came out of Nayeon's mouth which made Suho drag her back pleading her to shut up.

Mr. Jae-Young looked down. "I won't ask anyone for forgiveness because I don't deserve it. But I promise to pay for my sins. Please don't resent me for a long time" Whatever the hell was happening right now was something no one could posses at that moment. Except Suho, the observed , heared everything silently.

"You're basically asking for everyone's forgiveness you know"
Nayeon looked like she didn't give a damn about anything. "Can you stop striking back for a while madam?" Suho pleaded for the 15th time.

As the chaos had no signs of pausing, a pregnant lady secretly dialed the police station's number. Unfortunately, one of the men with firearm saw that and immediately snatched her phone. The woman seemed terrified, she grabbed her stomach & begged . "Please don't harm my child. It won't happen again" She was shaking, begging for her life.

When the man looked at the leader, he nodded his head giving him a sign to shoot her. "You should have thought that before doing something so stupid"

As he was about to shoot the woman, Nayeon was faster than him and perfectly shot at his arm which made the revolver fall from his hand.

Suho had targeted the man at the same time but Nayeon was faster which impressed him. He didn't know what Nayeon was but at that time, he knew one thing, Nayeon is the one he wants to support.

"I have been telling you and your group to stop your crap and leave for the last 20 minutes. You asked for this ,remember it" Nayeon was ready to face any consequences, she wanted to protect everyone at that time. As she felt a presence beside her, she saw Suho standing firmly, people would say they are a duo .

As she fired upon one of the men, it served as an implicit challenge to the remaining members of the group. In response, they began to assail the detective duo, one by one.