22.Plans

TRIGGER WARNING : THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN BLOOD AND GORE

I was18 when I met the girl whose bronze rings matched mine perfectly. She was beautiful with fiery red locks and bright, curious eyes. Far too curious for her own good. She asked far too many questions and poked her nose where it didn't belong and found out things she had no business finding out. She forced my hand truly, so I ripped out her heart and buried her in the same place I buried my parents. I had worked so hard to alter the Kingdom's memories, to create the illusion of rulers who loved to travel so that no one would know I was truly the king.

The last bit of my act was to change my eye color using a glamour, and since bronze was so close to gold. I fooled them all, and what a lucky choice it happened to be. My plan was foolproof. No one could see past it. The Queens mission would expose too much. Be seeking out power and control, she would expose it all. And I could not let that happen. I am not the first in line of the throne, and the Queen protects the only person I failed to get rid of. My other brother. The only person to be suspicious of me is this Queen. She must die.

Then I will rule over both lands and my kingdom is proof I am a good leader, even if my methods are underhanded. Before I killed them, my parenst were Tyrants who ruled with an iron fist, forcing our people to learn to fight from a young age. Forcing children to hunt and kill animals.They forced my hand as well. They had to die. And Marcella willl ensure that I lead the right way. My way. Gold eyes as my glamour was a lucky cover up, one I intend to make the best of. I'm too far in now. I have to fight.

"She's getting weaker," Dawn yells at me, alarm in her voice and I watched as Marcella stumbles slightly. I can't help but frown as she faulters, reminding that despite all her power and skill, she is a mere human. She's just as vulnerable to death as the rest of us. What a pity. "She going to get hurt if she keeps using her power while still tied to the box, "Dawn shuts, and I know what she wants me to do. "We can't risk it. Marcella's wouldn't want us to", I respond, watching as the girl cuts down more men than 20 of my men could.

"I don't care! I care that she's okay, don't you," Dawn asks blasting a group of men behind Marcella. It pains me that this useless little princess holds more power than me. When Masada under my control, I have an advantage ,one I refuse to let go of. "Unlike you I do as Marcella wants ,"I grit at her, refusing to open the black box in my possession. Dawn frowns at my words and actions. "You're just like her," she says, confusing me. "The Queen," Dawn clarifies. I narrow my eyes.

How dare she? "How long have you been controlling her," the disgust in her voice is clear. Annoyed by this girl, and noticing Marcella is busy, I draw out one of my hidden blades. "You ask far to many questions," I growl at her, lunging forward. To my surprise, she dodges the attack easily, its then I notice her looking surprised, past me. Turning around, I spot Marcella glaring at me ,before focusing on the men attacking her. She used her magic to save Dawn, but she wasn't supposed to know.

Uncaring now, I lung forward again. Dawn stumbles away, falling in the process. I grin down at the useless girl. I raise my blade. "Useless. Even at you end," I sneer. Dawn looks up at me, and I see no defeat in her eyes. Instead, she stands up , revealing her duplicate black box. "Unlike you. I do the right thing," She says, before opening the box in her hand.

I take a step back as the colorless mist tumbles out of the box, watching as Dawn uses her magic to turn the box to ash. Destroying it was that easy? I watch as the mist starts to surround Marcella. "She's always known," Dawn spits. I stare, wide eyed. That's impossible. How would she have found out? Dawn moves away from me, distancing herself. "Can't you see, it's useless Princess. Either way I win. Marcella is fighting for my Kingdom," I tell her with a smirk, watching as Marcella manifests blades from nothing ,that fly at the men, killing them on contact.

The Queen uses the magic from the crown to enhance her soldiers and Marcella uses her magic to make the men fight each other. I watch as the Queens army start to kill their own. "You're wrong you know,"Dawn says. "She's fighting for herself." It's then that I realize that my men are dying in the same manner the Queens men are. Wide eyed, I watch as friends massacre each other, until the floor is littered with bodies.

Eris stands alone, Marcella facing her. I watch as Dawn makes her way closer to Marcella. Marcella's eyes glow purple, as they usually do when she is to close to losing control. Eris raises her arm before a bright beam of light surrounds her. When the light fades, the Queen is gone. I face the two females who are my last chance. "I did what I believed was right," I say calmly.

"Look around Lucien. Your men are dead. You tried to kill me. And now what? After everything, after controlling Cel, you think we will help you," Dawn says. Always so emotional, letting how she feels control her every action. Marcella is quiet, staring at me. "I know you will help me. It's the only way to make things right," I say. Dawn looks at Marcella, awaiting a decision I know the answer to. "The Queen is running scared. Even with her crown of power she is no match for the three of us," Marcella speaks.

"Tactically we have the advantage ,but if we are doing this, we are doing it on my terms," She says, looking me in the eyes. She still believes we are a perfect match , and wants to trust me despite everything. I've been extra caring on purpose. Marcella has never had love and she is willing to accept any kind. I am not going to let this pass me by so easily. I smile, trying to seem genuine. "Of course," I smile.

I have no intention of doing as I say of course. Once the Queen is dead, I will get Dawn killed so she will not try to claim the throne. I will consider keeping Marcella around, but as of now I want her dead. Keeping her around would mean no one would dare to challenge me, but I would need a box. If I can find the time to create another box, I will keep Marcella around.

Eris was so driven by power she cared for nothing else. I know how to lead well, and am smart enough to know that the morally right way doesn't get the job done. I tried to do the "right" thing, but in this world, there is no clear right or wrong. "So what is the plan," Dawn asks, a hint of bitterness in her voice. I have to actively stop myself from grinning at the foolish little girl who is sure she can help. She is, and always will be completely insignificant.

The girl only exists so the Queen could say she tried to have an heir. She is a replacable piece in this game. Marcella looks at her,frowning slightly at the blood staining the girls clothes. Marcella herself is covered in blood, so much that her hair took a pinkish tinge. "We go to the Kingdom of Light and kill the Queen,"Marcella says. Dawn stares open mouthed and even I cannot help but frown. Her plans are usually more in-dept.

"You will get more details as we continue," She answers shortly. "Marcella," I sigh. "We are at war. We can talk after," she snaps. Its the deciding factor that she was not going to survive.